• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Taylor or Crowther?

In my humble opinion Kensdale is our best player

Hey, It’s all about opinions!

Defensively, I often find him to be at fault more than Taylor who I think reads the game better.

Kensdale also worries me when he finds himself facing his own goal. A few times this season (and last) we’ve been punished from indecisive action.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I don’t rate him, I’d absolutely have him in the starting XI, but not at the expense of Taylor or Crowther.

Crowther is a great signing come into the side and doesn't look out of place.Good header of the ball good distribution and more importantly a threat in the box.For me tad better than Kensdale who slows down the play whereas Crowther doesn't

Both. Kens, Taylor and Crowther belong together.
If Ralph is fit he needs to be back in what i consider his best position.. midfield. IF we see L2 again, i'd expect or hope Ralph to work the midfield once more.

Maher has been fairly consistent in players keeping the shirt if their performances merit it, particularly at the back where tiredness is generally less of an issue. The likes of Hobson and Lópata found themselves on the bench when returning from injury/suspension even when their form was excellent prior to it.

That said we’ve only kept one clean sheet with Crowther in the side so there is still room for improvement at the back. It may be that we’d benefit more from Taylor’s pace in defence. We’ve kept 9 clean sheets in his 26 appearances in comparison.

Whatever happens you can't drop Crowther after his last 3 games.

Anyway sounds like Kensdale might age out for a while.

In my humble opinion Kensdale is our best player

I think Kensdale thinks he is our best player. Which is one of his problems. However, he resorts to grappling, holding and shirt pulling far too often, has a habit of pushing the ball too far in front of him sometimes and could do with getting on the end of a corner or free kick sometimes.

I'd like to see a back 3 of Taylor, Crowther and Kensdale.

Ralph moving forward to LWB with Bridge being given a free role at the expense of Hussin or Fonguck

Nice problems for the Management to have
Yes but not Husin or Fonguck to be omitted—Miley well below form in both of last 2 games—we can’t afford him giving the ball away like he’s doing.

Blimey how times have changed to be having a conversation about players getting back in 🤣, feel for Taylor as he has been class all season and only out due to injury and crowther has come in and did the same, on recent form crowther has to stay in, not fully deserved for Taylor but guess that's football.

As for pushing Ralph to LWB he has also been superb at centre back so don't think he can be moved out.

Bridge has never worked (so far) when he's been given that role.
Yep. He's a wide player, he is most effective beating a man and putting a cross into the box. He cannot play no 10. We've tried it and it doesn't work. He gets nowhere near as much space and he gets crowded out. It's actually a really difficult position to play, in Conn Clarke and Stokes we have seen arguably the two best examples in the league this week.

It might be both if Kensdale is sold in the summer transfer window. There has been some talk of it. And it would be in line with our sustainability plan (though perhaps now less likely with news of Lomas’ release).

Both are very capable but for me crowther ticks more boxes and is more of a threat in the final third.

Taylor has been excellent, unfortunately crowther has taken his opportunity with both hands.

Geez LeeBlue, you had to ask that question! lol.

I am happy to leave the big choice to Kev.

Up until his injury Harry was my player of he season vote. He's done sooooooo well slipping back to CB and proving an real asset there.

Then we sign Crowther and He's just slam dunked himself into the squad and team with performances any fan would wish for.

The fact we had one of the best defensive records in the division before Harry got injured, Crowther comes in and we still have one of the best defensive records in the division, no the best, doesn't make this any easier.

If I had to make a choice, (this is bloomin' hard), I'm going to punt for Crowther.

For me, nothing to choose between them for what they bring to defence, but it's the attacking threat Crowther adds to set pieces and support play. But even that's close, Harry has won penalties and got assists too.

I'm glad I haven't got to have the real pick when Harry is fit.

Whoever is picked though, I just know they're not going to let us down and we have good options for rotation, injuries and suspensions.

So, whose to say they won't play together at times.

In summary I'm just glad they are both Shrimpers!!

I think Kensdale thinks he is our best player. Which is one of his problems. However, he resorts to grappling, holding and shirt pulling far too often,
Must admit i've noticed the shirt pulling more than the other 2 points you've mentioned.

Back