• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
I'm going for :

.......................................................BELFORD.............................................................
CLOHESSEY...................PHILLIPS................................BARKER............................STRAKER
LEONARD.................SPICER...................LAST MINUTE PANIC SIGNING (A)................HALL
...............LAST MINUTE PANIC SIGNING (B) .................EASTWOOD..................................

SUBS ..... BENYON , FERDINAND, PROSSER, CRESSWELL, BENTLEY, HURST, TOMLIN

(A) WILL BE AN OLD TIMER CHRISTIAN DAILLY STYLE PLAYER
(B) WILL BE A BIG LUMP RORY FALLON STYLE PLAYER

Not sure what all the panic signing bit is about. We need a CM in addition to Spicer who hopefully will be announced later today. Anyhow..

.........................Belford........................
Clohessy Phillips Barker Straker

Hall Spicer Ferdinand Hurst

.................Eastwood Tomlin..............

Dont think the other CM target will be done until next week.

I'm going for :

.......................................................BELFORD.............................................................
CLOHESSEY...................PHILLIPS................................BARKER............................STRAKER
LEONARD.................SPICER...................LAST MINUTE PANIC SIGNING (A)................HALL
...............LAST MINUTE PANIC SIGNING (B) .................EASTWOOD..................................

SUBS ..... BENYON , FERDINAND, PROSSER, CRESSWELL, BENTLEY, HURST, TOMLIN

(A) WILL BE AN OLD TIMER CHRISTIAN DAILLY STYLE PLAYER
(B) WILL BE A BIG LUMP RORY FALLON STYLE PLAYER

Would be very surprised if we signed a striker, and it wont be today,

At best we will sign Spicer today and he will play with Ferdinand.

Suggest some might wish to bring your boots!
How can so many players be injured already ? (Cresswell, Harris, Tomlin, Timlin)
Pre-season is supposed to get plaers fit, not injured.
So...
1. Either pre-season hasn't been done well by the coaches/management ?
or
2. With all these known injuries, why hasnt more effort gone into getting in more bodies.

How can so many players be injured already ? (Cresswell, Harris, Tomlin, Timlin)
So...
or
2. With all these known injuries, why hasnt more effort gone into getting in more bodies.

Timlin was injured last year.
Tomlin is fit for Sat
Harris may well be- was a 'dead calf'- could happen anytime
Cresswell I think is fit for tomorrow if needed

Other than Timlin these are all 'short term knocks' and you are going to get them even over a number of friendlies.

So...
or

2. How do you know it hasn't?

We arent going to sign more bodies because of a few injuries. The squad has plenty of cover already barring centre midfield.

I see everyones team includes Spicer but theres no announcement about him signing yet.

Whats the latest we can actualy sign him so he is registered to play tomorrow?

I see everyones team includes Spicer but theres no announcement about him signing yet.

Whats the latest we can actualy sign him so he is registered to play tomorrow?

By everyone you mean the 3 people that have added one .. hardly representative

Belford
Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Prosser
Hall, Ferdinand, Leonard, Straker
Eastwood, Tomlin

The more I think about it, the less confident I am that we'll get a decent result

Back