• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for tom...

lucus

Coach
After a below par performance on friday odds on Tilson will be making some changes to the side which will face the Cobblers tommorrow night. The most obvious one will be Maher coming back from his suspension.. but what others? Maybe Hunt as right back, is Bentley definately going to be along side Maher? Or will Hunt's good performances of previous games over shadow his recent dip in form? And what about up front? Maybe it's time to give Eastwood/Gray a one game rest and play in Bramble or Dudfield.. or a mixture of the two? any other ideas?

Luke

Considering we made the final last season I believe that SUFC are wanting to repeat that feat again so I think Tilson will field his strongest line up from current squad members available ,which in my opinion would be :

GK- Bart
RB - Hunt
LB - Nicolau
CB - Edwards
CB - Barrett
RM - Corbett
CM - Maher
CM - Bentley
LM - Gower
CF - Eastwood
CF - Gray

i have to agree with you there. He's a hard worker, has a good ability to take on defenders... plus he really dug us out at the end of last season.

Replace Eastwood or Gray though... that's the question

I'd like to see Tes given a start in the RM position. He's been looking sharp the few minutes a month he's been getting. Haven't seen Corbett play at all this year so he wouldn't figure in my team.

BG (By choice, not just 'cos Sticky-feet Flavs is injured)
LH AE AB NN
TB MB KM MG
WG FE

I'd have to say that Nicolau and Wilson are on a par, IMHO, for the LB slot. So why not give him a go?

Also, I'd suggest to Fredy that he stays further up field, rather than trying to come too deep for the ball.

My choice would be:

Griemink
Hunt
Edwards
Barrett
Nicolau
Pettefer (as Corbett is still 'out')
Bentley
Maher
Gower
Bramble
Dudfield

Subs: Morgan, Eastwood, Gray, Wilson, Lawson

Tes and Dudfield did very well when together earlier in the season and it'd be a good chance to give Gray and Fredy a rest. Giving Nicolau another chance is something which is obviously going to happen anyway, whilst I'd leave Lawson in the subs bench to perhaps give him a chance for the last 15/20 minutes.

i thought they were great together. Do you remember the Kidderminster game? The amount of chances we made was probably the most we have made all season during a game. i know they are a poor team, but it was still a good performance the way they just sat deep all game, just how you would expect from a poor team.

Why did Bramble and Dudfield get dropped?? Wasn't it down to injuries rather than poor play?

Dudfield was rested for the scum game because of a knock, which gradually got worse, whilst Tes obviously dropped out of the team a couple of games later because of the injury picked up against Boston.

that's a shame. Some of our best attacking performances came from those two... but without the finishing touch un fortunately.

Bramble and Eastwood would work great I feel. Tes could sit inbetween our midfield and Eastwood, hold the ball up and play him through. This in turn will give Eastwood more of a chance to concentrate on just finishing rather than running back deep, as he has been doing most games.... maybe have Gray on the right wing providing width and good crosses which we all know he's capable of.

All I know is Orient are going to stuff us if we keep playing as poorly as we are at the moment.

Steele is gonna rip our old boy defence apart.

Orient Orient Orient

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 29 2004,15:47)]All I know is Orient are going to stuff us if we keep playing as poorly as we are at the moment.

Steele is gonna rip our old boy defence apart.

Orient Orient Orient
Hmm, I spy a discreet Orient fan

wink.gif

Also, slightly going off topic here, there's a guy in one of my Uni classes, who i've known for a while, but he's just told me he's best mates with Nicky Nicolau, and he used to go to school with him. Apparently (this is what he told me) that he's obviously frustrated at being out of the side at the moment, but he has a lot of respect for both Tilson and Brush and really wants to cement his place back in the team. He also told me that he turned down Bolton, Luton and Crystal Palace when Arsenal said he was surplus to requirements, just before coming here, and that when he was younger (before he went to Arsenal) he was playing left wing for his school/club and scoring sh*t loads of goals to boot.

This guy also claims to know Jabo Ibehre (Orient), Mikele Leigertwood (C. Palace) and Nigel Reo-Coker (Hamsters).

...So there you go.

*Back on Topic*

My team for tomorrow would be...

GK Bart

RB Hunt                          
LB Nicolau                      
CB Barrett                      
CB Edwards                  

RM Bramble                    
LM Gower
CM Maher
CM Bentley

CF Fredy
CF Dudfield

I'd rest Gray and Pettefer and give Dudders a real go, in the hope he can notch against his former club. I too would like to Tes given a game on the right.

Ive just been on the BBC Sport site and it was saying for tommorrows game Eastwood and Gray will be playing up front.... is this concrete?

Of course not. The BBC get their info from the Press Association, so it's the same preview that ever other media outlet gives, and 99 times out of 100 it's guess work by them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 29 2004,15:43)]Also, slightly going off topic here, there's a guy in one of my Uni classes, who i've known for a while, but he's just told me he's best mates with Nicky Nicolau
If you had known someone for a while, wouldnt you tell them sooner if your best mate was a player for the team you love?

rock.gif
rock.gif

I would play:

GK - Bart
RB - Hunt (if he promises to try)
LB - Nicolau (every time!!!)
CB - Barrett
CB - Edwards
RW - Pettefer
LW - Gower
CM - Bentley
CM - Maher
CF - Eastwood
CF - Dudfield

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2004,17:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 29 2004,15:43)]Also, slightly going off topic here, there's a guy in one of my Uni classes, who i've known for a while, but he's just told me he's best mates with Nicky Nicolau
If you had known someone for a while, wouldnt you tell them sooner if your best mate was a player for the team you love?

rock.gif

rock.gif
Didn't phrase that very well. I've known 'of' him, but I've rarely spoken to him. Only cropped up when he saw me chuckling over a report of the Arsenal match yesterday, and just wondered which team I supported. Luckily, he ensured me he wasn't a Gooner, and thats when he said he knew Nicolau...

Suffice to say I may speak to him a bit more now.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 29 2004,16:33)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif
Didn't phrase that very well. I've known 'of' him, but I've rarely spoken to him. Only cropped up when he saw me chuckling over a report of the Arsenal match yesterday, and just wondered which team I supported. Luckily, he ensured me he wasn't a Gooner, and thats when he said he knew Nicolau...

smile.gif
aaaaah. well make sure you post some good info on here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2004,17:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 29 2004,16:33)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif

smile.gif
aaaaah. well make sure you post some good info on here.
I'll do my best.

biggrin.gif

Back