• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for tonight

Dont think it will be this, but its what I'd go for...

GK. Federici
RB. Francis
CB. Clarke
CB. Barrett
LB. Harding
RW. Betsy
CM. Christophe
CM. Sawyer
LM. Kanu
CF. Barnard
CF. Freedman

SUBS: Joyce, Sankofa, Macca, Revell, Walker

First 11 kind of picks itself at the moment and the only question mark in terms of will he/wont he is Walker IMO.
Couldn't really disagree with this team tbh, exactly who I would of picked tbh.
I have had a great day so far, and I hope the match tonight just makes my day! I am 100% up for it tonight and I hope that every other southend supporter is as well. Let's create a fantastic atmosphere tonight with plenty of chanting, not just from the blue voice, but from everyone else as well, especially the south stand (been a bit too quiet over there in recent matches), and let's get right behind the team tonight!

Up The Blues!

SS1

Got the team choice right, and only Sankofa for Joyce on the bench wrong. Was the difference down to HRK starting instead of Walker? Don't know, what I do know is they team looked much better balanced, HRK was helping out with defending duties and it was a great performance.

Didnt catch the subs (apart from who came on), but did I get it spot on?! :)

HRK clearly IS a winger to all those who say he isnt (which I still cannot understand as he only played for us once up front) and the difference to Walker was amazing. Where Walker will get it and fumble around with it, check back etc - HRK first thought is 'Forward. With Pace'.

We looked much better with him in the side, more balance, more outlets and hope he stays in now.

Didnt catch the subs (apart from who came on), but did I get it spot on?! :)

HRK clearly IS a winger to all those who say he isnt (which I still cannot understand as he only played for us once up front) and the difference to Walker was amazing. Where Walker will get it and fumble around with it, check back etc - HRK first thought is 'Forward. With Pace'.

We looked much better with him in the side, more balance, more outlets and hope he stays in now.

Yes - we had the same team, again Grant instead of Joyce in your subs bench.

Back