• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wouldn't consider this to be a silly sum either, but if you look at their history of silly CCJ amounts, I'm sure this will disappear too. I dealt with Luton Town for a short while & they didn't have a CCJ until after the poo had hit the fan. That is usually the doing of the credit insurers, who are a strange breed at times.

I need to have words with a contact to find out who the CCJ was from!

I hope everything that is posted is cast-iron because SZ.com will be unable to help if the club wish to take any action against any member.

I hope everything that is posted is cast-iron because SZ.com will be unable to help if the club wish to take any action against any member.

Its info I got from a respected company who provides this kind of info. FYI, I PM'd Cricko yesterday about this & spoke to him about it over the Xmas & New Year, which is why I didn't post anything until today. Cricko spoke to SZ Accountant who wasn't able to find anything out over this period.

The info I have provided is open to people to check.

Originally Posted by The Big Shrimp
Is this a similar thing where somebody mentioned a £14567.00 CCJ that Southend Utd had in December, but was locked due to it being untrue? When I checked with Companies House, it is true.

I'm not really bothered about how the owners run SZ, as they've made their position perfectly clear & as its a only a website, its not real life. I just thought an answer might be nice to make the situation clearer.

Thanks

Mon Dieu. Mon Dieu. This is really bad news.

And at a time when we're looking to borrow £80 million.

What would a proposed lender think ??

I guess we will just have to wait and see if any details of what it was all about come about before panicking or running for the hills.

Maybe Ive misunderstood, but if the info is that a County Court Judgment was given against them towards the end of December than there is every chance that this may not become unsatisfied. Eg could have been a dispute which Southend United considered they were not liable for, were willing to defend and fight in court, they lost so get told to pay....if they pay within the time required by the Judgment then there doesnt seem to be a much of a problem....

SUFC - CCJ Verified

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judgment in Shoreditch County Court Case No: 8EC09038

Dated: 10 December 2008

Sum: £14,567

If by 10 January the sum be paid, the Judgment will be expunged from the Registry of Judgment Fines & Orders, but will remain with credit reference agencies, denoted as satisfied only.

No question of libel - this is fact. I carry Professional Indemnity cover to £1,000,000

Not good news.

SUFC - CCJ Verified

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judgment in Shoreditch County Court Case No: 8EC09038

Dated: 10 December 2008

Sum: £14,567

If by 10 January the sum be paid, the Judgment will be expunged from the Registry of Judgment Fines & Orders, but will remain with credit reference agencies, denoted as satisfied only.

No question of libel - this is fact. I carry Professional Indemnity cover to £1,000,000

Not good news.

I'd refer to my earlier post then...we still no nothing of substance over what this was about and there is therefore no need to panic and run to the hills shouting the end is nigh.

Id be surprised if this is a Default Judgment in the absence of a Defence as the club seems to be professionally run.

Therefore it is most likely someone brought a claim against the club for SOMETHING, which the club thought they should defend. They lost and now have until 10th to pay. If they then satisfy the Judgment there wont be too many issues. Get hold of the All England Law Reports and you will find Judgments being given against millions of companies. It's only if they then don't pay what the Judge orders that there becomes problems.

If we are also in the speculating mood....a claim for that value would most likely be heard on the Courts 'Fast Track', only one level up from the Small Claims Court. Also, were the Claimant and Defendant are on the same footing (ie both Companies or both individuals) then the claim is often switched to the Defendant's local court (ie Southend's choosing). I dont know if they still use a local firm for such matters or now engage a city firm, but I do know the local firm who used to do their litigation and generally they would have sought a switch to a more local court. As it was apparently heard in Shoreditch then it could be that an individual has brought a claim against the club for something (meaning the claim be heard in the individuals local court). Could be personal injury, could be breach of contract...who knows but no reason to suspect something amiss at this stage.

Whilst the info is no doubt interesting to some, I certainly wouldnt automatically assume something sinister at this stage, and see no reason why the club would have to disclose details to the public. No doubt Shareholders will receive details in due course.

A commercial claim -v- commercial defedant, is always heard in the court out of which th proceedings were first issued. No transfer facility arises, pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules.

The only exception being where the defendant may be a sole trader, where transfer would then take place to the "home" county court of that individual.

I have no sympathy for players agents and regard most of them as leeches, so RM's statment to Cricko that this is what the claim was about, is particularly depressing.

An Order arising from a defended claim, normally only becomes registered as a Judgment, after default has occurred, within the time period for payment prescribed by the Order itself.

Back