• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, CLEVER, BRAVE, or HELPFUL so can those involved engage their brains before their mouths........please.

Mixed race child,whats your point?:stunned:

Interesting that after all I wrote there that you should only try to pick up on a point I made for descriptive purposes Tony. Funny that you have no problem with "fat" "short" "obnoxious" etc. and have tried to insinuate racism here eh?

i only mentioned the kid to describe the woman and for no other reason and strongly resent the way you are trying to distort my comments (and I stand by everything I said) here.

Interesting that after all I wrote there that you should only try to pick up on a point I made for descriptive purposes Tony. Funny that you have no problem with "fat" "short" "obnoxious" etc. and have tried to insinuate racism here eh?

i only mentioned the kid to describe the woman and for no other reason and strongly resent the way you are trying to distort my comments (and I stand by everything I said) here.

Well said BBBC - I thought his comment was pointless :thumbsup:

After seeing the goals again the only one which Smith can be blamed for is the 4th goal. The 5th goal was Prossers fault not a lot Smith could of done really as he was wrong footed to begin with. Just hope he can bounce back from the abuse he got last night because he is a quality keeper on his day.

He was simply describing their physical appearance. Don't try and make something from nothing

Why would anyone want to know their physical appearance? it beats the **** out me,maybe mouthy woman and youth was suffice or are we gagging for another name and shame.:sherlock:

scapegoat for the defence.

Pathetic fans.

Hope Smithy comes back to score against us for another club one day.

After seeing the goals again the only one which Smith can be blamed for is the 4th goal. The 5th goal was Prossers fault not a lot Smith could of done really as he was wrong footed to begin with. Just hope he can bounce back from the abuse he got last night because he is a quality keeper on his day.

Just watched them, couldnt see 3rd goal go in on highlights so no idea if he could have done better.

4th goal was his mistake and 5th goal was prossers error but he hardly covered himself with glory either.

That said, we didnt lose the game because of Smith alone.

The fact that she was a fat white woman with a mixed race child probably says all you need to know about her...

I bet the Smith haters had been waiting for tonight, finally another chance to abuse him as soon as he makes one little mistake. Reading the comments on the club's official Facebook page is depressing, such idiots on there. I know football fans in general are fickle reactionary types but it does seem to be a particular problem with us. Feel sorry for Smith as he seems quite a shy and quiet type who would get more affected by abuse than other more confident keepers. Let's hope Bentley doesn't get injured/suspended/have a bad run of form for the rest of the season, then Smith can escape. Who'd be a good goalkeeper eh?

Totally totally unacceptable behaviour if true (wasnt at the game so just going on the comments on this thread).

I work for the NHS, and along with many organisations, mine has a zero tolerance for abuse, violence or any other sort of disrespectful behaviour towards staff members, which is just as it should be. If anyone is caught doing this, they get ejected from the premises at best, or arrested. The club, quite frankly, should have support for the players, and it has let Paul Smith down by not having some security around to deal with anything like this. Yes, emotions must have been running high after the game (understandable) but there is no excuse for ANYONE, fan or otherwise to be abusive towards any of our players either during or after a game, no matter how bad the performance. As supporters, we are there to support.... not abuse, wind up, annoy or make scapegoats of our own players.

For some reason fans think they're a better manager than those in charge and stick with boo boys it's pathetic.

For some reason fans think they're a better manager than those in charge and stick with boo boys it's pathetic.

Id be pretty annoyed if he picked that team and formation in the league to be fair.

Not fussed about the JPT and a good chance for fringe players to get a chance. Do think the formation was wrong though and didnt actually give Reid a chance to actually shine on his own.

Id be pretty annoyed if he picked that team and formation in the league to be fair.

Not fussed about the JPT and a good chance for fringe players to get a chance. Do think the formation was wrong though and didnt actually give Reid a chance to actually shine on his own.

...... but that was the whole problem, he was on his own.

Why would anyone want to know their physical appearance? it beats the **** out me,maybe mouthy woman and youth was suffice or are we gagging for another name and shame.:sherlock:
You have got to be kidding - right, you genuinely don't see why it adds to the story and makes it easier for other to add comments if they had seen them , either earlier in the stadium or after potentially still giving abuse etc And if this is what you believe why did you only bring up the mixed race bit. and as for name and shame- if the physical appearance means that someone does know them and offers their names to the club then yes- bloody excellent news

I still refer to my earlier comment- trying to make something out of nothing.

like I said trying to make something out of noithing

You have got to be kidding - right, you genuinely don't see why it adds to the story and makes it easier for other to add comments if they had seen them , either earlier in the stadium or after potentially still giving abuse etc And if this is what you believe why did you only bring up the mixed race bit. and as for name and shame- if the physical appearance means that someone does know them and offers their names to the club then yes- bloody excellent news

I still refer to my earlier comment- trying to make something out of nothing.

like I said trying to make something out of noithing

Well theres 10 minutes wasted in your life spouting complete bollocks,jog on.

"if you want to make a difference come down and support the team"..until you get thrown out, at least!

Totally totally unacceptable behaviour if true (wasnt at the game so just going on the comments on this thread).

I work for the NHS, and along with many organisations, mine has a zero tolerance for abuse, violence or any other sort of disrespectful behaviour towards staff members, which is just as it should be. If anyone is caught doing this, they get ejected from the premises at best, or arrested. The club, quite frankly, should have support for the players, and it has let Paul Smith down by not having some security around to deal with anything like this. Yes, emotions must have been running high after the game (understandable) but there is no excuse for ANYONE, fan or otherwise to be abusive towards any of our players either during or after a game, no matter how bad the performance. As supporters, we are there to support.... not abuse, wind up, annoy or make scapegoats of our own players.

Not going to argue with that generally, but I assume from what you say, you never abuse the opposition or officials bearing in mind your zero tolerance approach to ALL ?

Well theres 10 minutes wasted in your life spouting complete bollocks,jog on.

thanks for that - typical reply of someone who can't back up a view with reason. funny how others have picked up on the same points I made- must be we are all 'spouting bollocks'

Whilst I do agree with your comments , I think that working for the NHS , you will obviously have a sheltered and somewhat blinkered view of society.
The fact that several thousand of us private sector workers effectively pay your salary and contribute to your excellent pension , means that you have a very easy life and cannot objectively comment on this type of situation...........:net:

Whilst I do agree with your comments , I think that working for the NHS , you will obviously have a sheltered and somewhat blinkered view of society.
The fact that several thousand of us private sector workers effectively pay your salary and contribute to your excellent pension , means that you have a very easy life and cannot objectively comment on this type of situation...........:net:

Or, more importantly the same principle should apply. Our taxes pay the NHS staff and as such we have every right to turn up and royally abuse them. And when the police get involved the same still applies.

Blimey, I have touched a nerve somewhere... not going to comment on the whole public sector workers thing - that is another debate for another day!

My point was (is) that as fans we turn up to support our team, watch a game of football (decent or otherwise...), boo the opposition and diss the ref. Thats what its all about really, but we should never level personal abuse towards decent hard working professionals, trying to do their best - and with stuff going on behind the scenes we are not privvy to. I appreciate the opposing team if they play well, and I would like to think I am fair minded enough to be able to separate someone having a stinker of a game, and the individual as a human being.

As fans, I believe that we are not there to abuse our own players to the point where they dont like playing at home and make individual player's lifes a misery while they are still ours - I am thinking of the abuse that Straker and Smith both get, so to me its no surprise that their performances suffer. You end up with a downward spiral - the worse the abuse, the poorer the performance.... Then when you think of players like Matt Harrold, who didnt do at all well here, for reasons we can only really surmise, but there is no denying he was also one of the scapegoats - he is doing pretty well somewhere else, and he scores against us just for fun... I hate to say it, but it is our loss, not theirs!

Just imagine how it would be, going to work every single day, and your colleagues and customers spend every minute of the day moaning about what a c**p job you do, and how useless you are at everything you go near, and then your boss pays you late most months, or not at all... how would that make you feel......??

Back