• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firestorm

Pedant
Pretty much as expected. This is for our First season back in Div 4
Loss was 1.159M and increase of 10K from the previous year

Over shareholders deficit now 9.4M

Gate receipts down from 744K to 536K
Seasons down from 948K to 569K
Sundry income down by 115K
Incoming Transfer fees down by 780K

Total Turnover down by 1.5M

Total Staff costs down by 980K
Other expenses down 290k

Overall expenses down 1.3M

as for who we owe
No change from 2010 other than Trade creditors reduced by 170K
and money owed to Parent Undertaking and fellow subsidiaries Up by 2.7M to 5.142M

I take it the £2.7m is the Sainsbury loan to Martin Dawn and subsequent loan to SUFC?

Grim reading though whatever way you slice it. We are really on the brink aren't we.

:'(

The thing is we are failing in every area, all small clubs face the same problems but some are far more pro-active at trying to stem the losses.

Gate receipts and seasons sales down - a combination of RM alienating fans, Sturrock's horrendous style of play and people prioritising spending in tight financial times. What has the club done to try and turn this around ? NOTHING I used to get regular emails and phone calls if I hadn't purchased a ticket for a home game, not had any contact for over 3 years.

Sundry income down - of course it is when you can't buy decent food or drink in the ground.

Incoming transfer fees down - short term contracts leaving players free to walk away, this situation must be similar for most small clubs, overuse of the loan system but what are we doing to try and buck the trend ? NOTHING

Staff costs and other expenses is good and bad, ok so many of the high earners have gone but what tools do we have left to get the job done of gaining promotion and thus increasing income NONE

Apart from not being in court every month recently I would suggest we are in a worse position than a year ago, we have ZERO prospects at present.

This is for the first season back in Div 4 where we had no players a week before the season.

I would imagine that income last season was up on this season due to the success. We had a couple of games on TV and the play-offs as well.

As long as the expenses didn't rocket, I would assume that the next set of accounts wont be quite so bad.

Still a bit grim, but typical of a lower league club.

How some of the clubs with attendances of 2000-4000 manage to survive I have no idea.

I take it the £2.7m is the Sainsbury loan to Martin Dawn and subsequent loan to SUFC?

Grim reading though whatever way you slice it. We are really on the brink aren't we.

:'(

Thats the way I read it

What I would be interested in is how much has been agreed as the price for RH from Sainsbury

we don't really want to be using it all up before we have started on the New stadium.....

This is for the first season back in Div 4 where we had no players a week before the season.

I would imagine that income last season was up on this season due to the success. We had a couple of games on TV and the play-offs as well.

As long as the expenses didn't rocket, I would assume that the next set of accounts wont be quite so bad.

Still a bit grim, but typical of a lower league club.

How some of the clubs with attendances of 2000-4000 manage to survive I have no idea.

They have owners who arent broke Id imagine.

Thats the way I read it

What I would be interested in is how much has been agreed as the price for RH from Sainsbury

we don't really want to be using it all up before we have started on the New stadium.....

Was it not quoted as being around the £14m mark?

I agree though, we have already lost at least £2.7m of that. Christ knows how much more if Sainsbury have coughed up again since...

That already leaves a significant shortfall to get the new stadium completed. Well 3 sides of it.

OK..I am no accountant.
It has been a poor week for Southend United and these are worrying figures..

However, the following set of figures are a direct result of relegation and poor performances - the responsibility of the team management.

Gate receipts down from 744K to 536K
Seasons down from 948K to 569K
Sundry income down by 115K
Incoming Transfer fees down by 780K

The following much needed figures are the direct result of prudent cost-cutting by The Chairman and Board of Directors.

Total Staff costs down by 980K
Other expenses down 290k

Overall expenses down 1.3M

I have never met RM and have no reason to dislike him. The figures show reasonable management..surely??

And whats anybody doing about it???? **** all :angry:

Hmmmm.. Your suggestion?

Income is down because we are in an inferior league with an inferior team. We quite obviously do not have the money to easily improve the side.
We have obviously cut expenses to the bone.

What do YOU suggest we do???

Back