• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

These figures are of no suprise but should be taken seriously as we embark on out League campaign.

With a longterm view of hope and optimism - my shorterm view is that avoiding relegation to Blue Square and completing the season without going into administration is my first idea of success in 2012/13.

Any more? A wonderful bonus.

The figures are exactly as expected. We knew that turnover was going to be cut and the whole point of forcing out the previous squad was to re-build with a lower wage bill.

The figures themselves don't really matter and will be pretty similar across many other clubs in the lower leagues. The important issue is how the Club's owners are able to continue to bridge the gap between income and expenditure.

Spot-on Beefy.

The difficult bit is bridging that gap. Thus we look at trialists and released players in thope of finding a nugget but at little cost.
The big picture is a problem for sure.

Indeed. Did anyone actually think we were somehow running a profit?

For anyone thinking selling Hall and Mohsni would make lots of funds available for other players they may have a rude awakening.

With a deficit like that all it will do is ease the strain.

Notes to the Financial Statements
section 18
"At July 2010 the company was committed to making the following payments during the next year in respect of operating leases
Leases which expire in 2-5 years 520,000

Although the company is committed to making Rent payments of 520k in the terms of the lease, in practice no amounts have been payable in recent years"

This was exactly the same last years and the year before that

The key word IMHO is Payable, not paid but payable, which could indicate that they are being written off by both parties

Sadly this is the new age of Football ... how many lower clubs are in Trouble now ... IMO Greedy Premiership clubs Chairman etc me me me f8ck the rest how much million can we get in

One thing is for sure if Southend United FC Finished tomorrow I never support another football team I just follow Footie on TV

Somebody answer me this....

1. Are we paying rent for roots hall or is it being written off?If i remember correctly its an accounting entry but Ron has never received any rent payments
2. will we have to pay back for previous use?Technically its a debt owed to Ron, so if you win the next EuroMillions jackpot and want to buy him out, this unpaid company debt would have to be settled. Its a way of Ron protecting his investment, he did state because of this he would not remove it from the accts. Personally i dont blame him for that.
3. How much is the rent per year if/when we pay it
That i cant remember, but is listed on older accts

I thought we were playing at roots hall rent free?
As Ron hasnt been paid we are

Agree with a lot thats been said here that it's not pretty reading - but what did you really expect...

I COULD NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT WHATS GOING ON WITH THEM!!!

Southend is what matter and we need to start ****ing acting rather then poncing about saying "ohhhh what can we do" Pull yourselves together this is getting worse!

TB did you really think our accounts would show anything else?

The only way things will improve is when the stadium is complete, either that will mean more income (doubtful) or Ron Martin can make way for someone with more money to come in. Getting promoted will also help (although bring extra costs as well)

Whilst I admine your passion, you may think that supporters can have an influence, but they are extremely limited in what they can do.

You mentioned ealier Hull doubling gates which of course would help financially, but do you think its really feasible to get 8000+ to every game of the season, every season ? These are people who dont attend because we are in league two, they arent going to attend 20+ games every single year until we get out of this league.

I dont know anything about Hull but I do know the reason they are where they are now is because of their owners investing.

We need owners with more money, or the stadium to improve revenue, Im not sure what you think supporters can do to turn a skint club into a solvent one, and youll drive yourself crazy thinking its possible.

TB did you really think our accounts would show anything else?

The only way things will improve is when the stadium is complete, either that will mean more income (doubtful) or Ron Martin can make way for someone with more money to come in. Getting promoted will also help (although bring extra costs as well)

Whilst I admine your passion, you may think that supporters can have an influence, but they are extremely limited in what they can do.

You mentioned ealier Hull doubling gates which of course would help financially, but do you think its really feasible to get 8000+ to every game of the season, every season ? These are people who dont attend because we are in league two, they arent going to attend 20+ games every single year until we get out of this league.

I dont know anything about Hull but I do know the reason they are where they are now is because of their owners investing.

We need owners with more money, or the stadium to improve revenue, Im not sure what you think supporters can do to turn a skint club into a solvent one, and youll drive yourself crazy thinking its possible.

Hull were in Nationwide Divison 3 with us I went to boothferry park with just over 4k there in 2000 by 2001 in the same stadium they have over 8k there - the club raise the issue the fans responded its an example to behold

The accounts do not show anything we didn't already know especially as they cover the period after relegation from League 1 so income was always going to reduce drastically. It was well publicised last year that we were losing £100k a month so over 12 months that would be £1.2M although I believe we have managed to reduce those monthly losses to nearer £60k. We have lost money nearly every season over the last decade so as long as the current owners can continue to bridge that financial gap we will be able to remain in business. Very few, if any teams in League 2 make a profit and to break even would mean a drastically reduced budget and consequently a much reduced squad in terms of numbers and quality. We are trying to keep a competitive squad together but it costs money to do this and there are clubs in our division who are trying to do the same so it's not easy to get promotion. The key to the club's future financially is getting the new stadium built but as we know that has been hit badly by the banking crisis and the endless planning process. Therefore, whilst it's good to see we have finally filed our accounts they aren't that much of a revelation.

Really? everything I have ever loved and known is on the brink and I am hearing things from all sorts of sources and I should stay calm? we have seen what happens to Darlington to Rushden to Chester and whats happening to Portsmouth

Whilst i admire your passion Scott jumping up and down ranting and raving on a website isnt the answer. I fear whoever you ask at the club wont give you a proper answer either. You would be better off doing a tour of the UAE looking for a shiekh who wants to buy a football club.

Hull were in Nationwide Divison 3 with us I went to boothferry park with just over 4k there in 2000 by 2001 in the same stadium they have over 8k there - the club raise the issue the fans responded its an example to behold

And that lasted for how long ?

Do you honestly think that we would be able to sustain a 100% increase consistently over a long period ?

Our accounts arent showing anything more than they have done for years, we lose money, we always have lost money.

Unless we increase our attendances permanently thats not going to change.

The new stadium is the only thing that will affect our ability to make funds, and my concern is it wont even do that, especially with 3 sides.

Im not dismissing your concerns but you are reacting to the figures that are showing the same thing they always have and any thing that could be done by fans is very limited and short term only.

Really? everything I have ever loved and known is on the brink and I am hearing things from all sorts of sources and I should stay calm? we have seen what happens to Darlington to Rushden to Chester and whats happening to Portsmouth

What has happened to those clubs or what will happen is excatly what we need..............brings a freash start to everything and could even bring more fans out the wood work for what could be an epic adventure

Back