• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Anti Big Brother Thread

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
All right, it's that time of the year again where all you hear about is bloddy Big Brother. I'm ****ing fed up with this cack programme. I do my best to avoid it on the box but a work colleague decided to give me the low down on the contestants, I don't give a **** about some nobody from Nowhereville just going on there to flash a nipple or two and thrown all over the tablodid pages.

This thread is for anyone who hates Big Brother as much as me and so we don't spoil threads for ppl who do like it.

:finger: :finger:

surely this is focusing on big brother and to show our hatred we should avoid all big brother related threads

Wednesday night my 9 month old daughter was not feeling to well and wouldn't sleep so I sat her on the carpet with some toys in front of the TV.

When big brother came on she stopped playing with her toys and started smiling and clapping.

I feel the only option I now have is to place her in an austere military boarding school in order to nip this behaviour in the bud.

Spot on there Al.
I really don't understand why it's still on, surely the BB bubble has long since burst (I admit I watched & was fairly into the first 3 or 4 series) but since they started adding stupid "twists" to try & mess with the contestants brains plus failing to filter out wannabes who've seen what's happened to the likes of Jade Goody and want their piece of the pie, it's just been designed purely to fill the summer schedules with relatively cheap output plus defraud (as proven) the public with premium rate voting numbers!

Surely this year is their biggest gamble, fill the house with girls to try & bring back the male viewers whilst still keeping their key demographic of teenage/early 20s females who will openly bitch about whatever the contestants are getting up to and vote in their droves to get them chucked off. Also, I bet to get tabloids back on board there's also the prospect of a bit of girl-on-girl hottub action as well in that equation somewhere!

Still at least a summer of FM06 & evenings posting on here beckons whilst the Mrs watches it!

I take my hat of to your superior French Monarchy historic knowledge CC....

It's not even as if they're remotely good looking either! Plus now all I've got to look forward to on E4 is Big Brother Live (which I shan't be watching), Big Brother's Little Brother (another thing that can go to Room 101), Big Brother's Big Mouth or Friends. [sarcasm] Wow. That's really good [/sarcasm].

That show should have been scrapped years ago. Waste of time. Why would we want to watch 12 arseholes live in a house for x amount of weeks, 24 hours a day? Dont people have their own lives to live?

That show should have been scrapped years ago. Waste of time. Why would we want to watch 12 arseholes live in a house for x amount of weeks, 24 hours a day? Dont people have their own lives to live?

Because they're lazy students with nothing better to do?

Hate it personally, given further support to a whole host of pitifully embarrassing style of fly-on-the-wall documentary programmes.

Why commission a drama / sci-fi / nature documentary / etc type of programme when you can get 10 annoying people to hate each others guts for you on TV week in, week out and which MAKES money. Its not the worst of the bunch, but it's to blame for the prevelance of bad TV out there in the modern day and age...

I work on the basis that I never watch reality programmes, I never watch moron fodder gameshows, I never watch soap operas, and moreover I never watch anything with those two grinning Geordie tw@ts in. Sorted.:thump:

You mean she's going to smell that bad for the rest of her life? Blimey!

No, she's going to be getting out of bed at midday, watching Countdown and drinking snakebite and black through a straw WHILE complaining about her student debt. :hilarious:

Back