• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE ASHES

Yep he will get two great catches for last two batsmen to win the test :ROFL:

Yes when it doesn't count. We always win at the Oval when the prize has already been won.

The series was entertaining because it was the worst two teams both countries have had for ages. Captained by two of the worst we have also had.

I was out before sun up yesterday fishing in the Estuary. The Shrimper/cricket loving skipper was asking me about Steve Smith. I said I can believe we don't apply some pressure with a leg slip or a man in short at backward square etc.

I used the example of Labuchange in the first innings. Archer takes a wicket and with the crowd up we should have had an obvious man in close. First ball was the right, just above the waist, height. He balloons an ugly shot up in the air but it lands safely 15ft away. Square leg was on the single but deep for any first ball......Never ever was Labuchange going to rock back and pull the first ball for 4.....If he did it would have been so bad it would have deserved it.

I fully agree that Root's captaincy was poor. He allowed Smithy to boss us about, putting him under no real pressure and that, IMVHO, was the difference between winning and not winning back the Ashes. Unfortunately I cannot see too many things changing in the future though.

Sometimes SAM you have to realise we are watching an all time great in Steve Smith

Don't agree with his sand paper action, but time to move on and appreciate a truly exceptional batsmen at work

When Archer is at his peak, be some exciting contests between them to watch

Sometimes SAM you have to realise we are watching an all time great in Steve Smith

Don't agree with his sand paper action, but time to move on and appreciate a truly exceptional batsmen at work

When Archer is at his peak, be some exciting contests between them to watch

I'm with you all the way there. I was booing Warner before sand paper gate but I've forgiven Smith and just appreciate what a asset he is to the greatest game on earth, test cricket.

Back