• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
I don't get to many away matches, but I noticed yesterday that the players seemed really relaxed and played with no fear. Is that a common theme ? If so, we need to create a much more positive atmosphere at home...starting tomorrow !

According to some posters it's been like this for many years. The players don't like to play at roots hall. Too much moaning etc

TBV do a brilliant job, but we need positive support all around the ground tomorrow.

When you are top of the form table and in touching distance of the automatics and supporters are telling them they are awful and the manager is terrible you cant blame them for being more relaxed away.

Well tomorrow's game should bring in a 7,500 plus crowd so what better chance do we have of getting behind the team

There are sadly a few regular posters on here that seem to relish any negatives about the team and manager.
All very odd to me , but each to their own.

How can anybody possibly moan when we are 5th in the table ? Wycome go to Shrewsbury tomorrow, so we could be right in the mix by tomorrow evening

I don't get to many away matches, but I noticed yesterday that the players seemed really relaxed and played with no fear. Is that a common theme ? If so, we need to create a much more positive atmosphere at home...starting tomorrow !

Why not come over to block W for one game, and join in. You do not have to be part of TBV to have a good sing song, just a vocal supporter of the team you love. The younger ones tend to stand towards the front, us older ones maybe towards the back.

Snr.

Why not come over to block W for one game, and join in. You do not have to be part of TBV to have a good sing song, just a vocal supporter of the team you love. The younger ones tend to stand towards the front, us older ones maybe towards the back.

Snr.

yep ... you too can chant "your support is f****** s***" at the opposing supporters who've taken the trouble to come to the game. I'm sure it helps the players no end.

Actually I'm not sure that chants (or drum banging) help that much, if at all, anyway. What helps is a positive vibrant atmosphere and roars of encouragement when we are attacking.

Snr.

I already do (i'm in the more senior location, as mentioned). I'm appealing to the rest of the fanbase to get behind our boys. I've previously sat in other parts of the ground, and people just seem to enjoy players making mistakes, just so they can have a good old moan.

The crowd 'atmosphere' regularly rears its’ head in threads on here and each time it's the same arguments.

Whether we like it or not (and I don't) there will always be those who moan at every home game; there will always be sections of the crowd that sing abusive stuff at the away support and 'targeted' blues players and equally there will fans that cheer and sing encouragement to the side for the full 90+ minutes. There will also be supporters (the vast majority) that clap and cheer when good stuff happens on the pitch and groan a bit when rubbish happens. That is the nature of football crowds, not just at the Hall and that is the way it will always be. Nothing said on here will change that. I suppose the plus side is that all those people pay their money and therefore the club benefits financially.

I don't normally join in this sort of debate as I find it a bit demoralising, and therefore I guess my post is also a bit pointless as it will change nothing........I do feel better for saying it though.........probably!

yep ... you too can chant "your support is f****** s***" at the opposing supporters who've taken the trouble to come to the game. I'm sure it helps the players no end.QUOTE]

YES, you can chant that if you want,
or if you DONT WANT TO CHANT that or anything else you may disagree with then you dont have to.

There are a few chants that i will not join in with because i do not agree with them, i have a thing called free will.
Pensonnaly i aplaud the away suporters when they give the attendence figures, as loyal surporters.

So do not worry about the chants that are sung, just sing those that you want to join in with.

Hello Super Kings, i fully agree with your thread, we do need surport from all parts of the ground.
Should be some good surport from block W tomorow.

Snr.

Psychologists will tell you that many of the people who shout abuse at players when cocooned in their anonymity in a crowd lack self confidence and a sense of self determination in their everyday lives. The football match provides them with an opportunity to express their personal frustrations without any real threat of comeback. Stand them alone in front of the players that they are abusing and they will turn to jelly. It's similar to trolls on social media who use the anonymity of the website to get back at someone else for the bad time that they feel that society in general is giving them. The correct technical term for such people is 'annoying idiots' and the most effective treatment is to send them for therapy to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.:unsure:

Who says Block W in the West are such fantastic supporters ? From my position in the East, they only seem to cheer when SUFC are either drawing or winning,big deal !!! As for the drum.well, it is just a noisy irrelevance. TBV are an acquired taste.

Psychologists will tell you that many of the people who shout abuse at players when cocooned in their anonymity in a crowd lack self confidence and a sense of self determination in their everyday lives. The football match provides them with an opportunity to express their personal frustrations without any real threat of comeback. Stand them alone in front of the players that they are abusing and they will turn to jelly. It's similar to trolls on social media who use the anonymity of the website to get back at someone else for the bad time that they feel that society in general is giving them. The correct technical term for such people is 'annoying idiots' and the most effective treatment is to send them for therapy to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.:unsure:

Perfect post....In fact didn't someone poop there pants recently when Dan Bentley bit back......

Who says Block W in the West are such fantastic supporters ? From my position in the East, they only seem to cheer when SUFC are either drawing or winning,big deal !!! As for the drum.well, it is just a noisy irrelevance. TBV are an acquired taste.

spot on, vary rarely do they make much noise. However this is still better than the rest of the ground that boo at any occasion, and moan and get on the players backs

this might be an odd thing to do, but how about next time you hear a negative personal comment aimed towards a player you shout something more positive after it. It might do nothing to put them off, but it might make them think again next time or think its not worth it if they are going to be shouted down every time.

Back