• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Boxer Rebellion

keefmoon

Coach
For anyone that is interested, we are playing our first UK shows in 7 months. Been locked away writing 2nd record material.
Anyhow, a couple of gigs booked thus far (though no UK tour yet unfortunately Glasgow Shrimper!).
Friday 24th March @ Hertford Marquee.
Thursday 20th April @ London Islington Academy (with Pure Reason Revolution - Club Hedonistic night)
London headline show to be confirmed soon aswell.
As it's our first gigs for blimmin' ages and we're doing the record label rat race again, it'd be good to have a couple of sell out London dates, so all is support is given the drinky cheers.
Thanks.
Piers.

Oh well, anybody that can make it, go and see em, if the new stuff is anywhere as good as the 1st album it should be some night!

Hertford Marquee, one of my old stomping grounds from uni!

Wasn't the boxer rebellion a rebellion in China in the early 20th century?  Something to do with riots as there was a fear that the Russians would invade?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hambone @ Mar. 01 2006,14:26)]Wasn't the boxer rebellion a rebellion in China in the early 20th century?  Something to do with riots as there was a fear that the Russians would invade?
I think so. But there is also a band called The Boxer rebellion!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (destination championship @ Mar. 01 2006,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hambone @ Mar. 01 2006,14:26)]Wasn't the boxer rebellion a rebellion in China in the early 20th century?  Something to do with riots as there was a fear that the Russians would invade?
I think so. But there is also a band called The Boxer rebellion!
The Boxer rebellion was against all external Chinese influence I believe, not just russia.

and yes a band too.... if i may say so a very good one too

It's what we named ourselves after. It was indeed a chinese uprising against the west, and the fighters referred to themselves as The Boxers. Hence, Boxer Rebellion.
Lots of people died, though we're not big on death...

I lied.
Islington Academy date is on Wednesday 19th April.
Still waiting on a London headline show aswell.
Added to which, on our site (theboxerrebellion.com) there are snippets of 8 of the new tunes we have slapped down on 2 mics in our rehearsal space if anyone wants to hear them.
Cheers.

Back