• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I'm not a great lover of friendly matches but a little while ago I took the decision to go, purchased my season ticket seat in the West stand at a very reasonable price and now have the west stand ticket proudly in my possession. I should be a happy bunny EXCEPT............

On the SUFC Official site it states:

The Paul Robinson West Stand will NOT be open for the game.

Just the Fairfield BMW East Stand and Hi-Tec South Stand

Surely they should have made the decision not to open the West before issuing tickets :nope:

Got the same issue, ordered and collected 7 tickets for the West Stand block V for my friends and I. No idea what to do now:unsure:

Wild stab in the dark any tickets already purchased will be valid, its not going to sell out.

Yeah but what are they meant to do? Just go and sit anywhere they like in the East Stand and end up sitting in some season ticket holders seat?

If its allocated seating they need to know what seat to sit in.

Hate it when they dont open stands, its the only friendly too.

No point opening all stands for a 2,500 crowd. Maybe they originally thought there would be the demand to open the whole ground.
Probably not sold many in the West Stand so shouldn't be a problem to reissue tickets.

Rats, did not know about this, brought my ticket in the West the day they went on sale and club have already posted the ticket to me.

I wonder if the club will now write to me to let me know the change of plan? :unsure:

Have always said why don't they do this for these sort of games including the Checkatrade trophy games as they then won't need to open the Shakespeare drive side of the ground and steward the gates as all South standers can enter via the East stand side.:thumbsup:

Have always said why don't they do this for these sort of games including the Checkatrade trophy games as they then won't need to open the Shakespeare drive side of the ground and steward the gates as all South standers can enter via the East stand side.:thumbsup:

Behind closed doors friendlies.

West stand open and then shut.

Is there a pattern emerging here?

Just bought my tickets for this. Posh plastic ones, not splintery wooden ones for us mates. However, the reason for this post is that the on-line ticketing system does not appear to have the 'print at home' option at the moment. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yeah but what are they meant to do? Just go and sit anywhere they like in the East Stand and end up sitting in some season ticket holders seat?

If its allocated seating they need to know what seat to sit in.

Hate it when they dont open stands, its the only friendly too.

I dunno phone the ticket office?

Saw on Twitter that Southend will send you a letter in the post explaining the changes, alongside this they're giving an extra complimentary ticket for the inconvenience:thumbsup:

Saw on Twitter that Southend will send you a letter in the post explaining the changes, alongside this they're giving an extra complimentary ticket for the inconvenience:thumbsup:
Ffs, an atwhy are they doing that. I was all ready for a good rant and now I am going to have to trawl through threads trying to find something else to moan at . Remind me, how old are Turner and knightly?

Back