• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The C2C Quiet Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

leathers20

First XI
Any one else get on their train to work this morning to find every seat with a leaflet about the C2C quiet zones?

i must admit i get annoyed when im trying to read and someones gobbing off next to me, but is putting film on the windows of the quiet zone carriages to block out phone signal a step too far? and also the same for having additional staff to patrol the quiet zone?!

do any shrimpers activly seek out the quiet zones on the c2c trains? any thoughts on the subject?

I try and sit in the quiet zone.

I hate listening to groups of women discussing the minutae of their personal and working lives.

That said if you make an effort to look like a bit of a nutter you tend to have your own quiet zone wherever you sit.

Last edited:
Personally , I feel the only way they would be able to enforce it is with snipers at Benfleet station.

Imagine the panic in the quiet zones if the trains are delayed, people rushing to the next carriages just to tell wifey not to pick them up at the station !

I usually sit in the quiet zone on the way home. More by default than anything else as the exit at Leigh is at the end of the platform. I do get annoyed by people chatting on their phones so any efforts to block the noise is fine by me.

My phone is usually on silent so if or when I have to send a text I rarely disturb anyone. But it will be a pain not to get a signal.

Still, the choices are there. If they don't like it, people will have to sit elsewhere.

do any shrimpers activly seek out the quiet zones on the c2c trains? any thoughts on the subject?

I sometimes actively seek out the Quiet Zone if I've got something important to read for work, for example. And I don't think it would be worth c2c going down the Quiet Zone route if they weren't going to enforce it somehow. Top marks to c2c from me.

Like fatshrimp says, anyone who doesn't like the policy has the rest of the train (three-quarters of it in fact) to choose from.

Firstly i wish i could of found a leaflet on my seat , but seeing as i have to stand up all the way into work from Benfleet , then no i never saw any leaflets . In fact i have never managed to find a seat on the 7.08 and i don't even bother to look now , just get on and go and plot up .

On the way home doesn't matter where i sit as i'm always soundo , must have to apologise maybe 3 times a week to randoms who i have kicked out at whenever i get the dozing off flinchies !!! shocking behaivour

Having noise blocking earphones means every carriage is a quiet zone so my main concern is whether I get a sweaty fat man sitting next to me as I did this morning.

but seeing as i have to stand up all the way into work from Benfleet , then no i never saw any leaflets . In fact i have never managed to find a seat on the 7.08 and i don't even bother to look now , just get on and go and plot up .

You HAVE to stand all the way to work? Or you have to stand if you want to get on that particular train? There were plenty spare on the 06.54 this morning.

i must say,i dont tend to sit in the quiet zone, but i love it when someone is having a loud conversation and they get cut off in the Basildon-Pitsea hole!

To be fair they should make one carriage a noisy zone.

There is nothing stopping C2C ripping all the seats out, fitting on On U sound system and turning a carriage into a roller disco.

That said if you make an effort to look like a bit of a nutter you tend to have your own quiet zone wherever you sit.

In fact, if you pretend to be asleep and occasionally pat your crotch and mumble 'patience my pet', you normally find you have enough room to put your feet up..

In fact, if you pretend to be asleep and occasionally pat your crotch and mumble 'patience my pet', you normally find you have enough room to put your feet up..
Or just leave it dangled across the table looking menacing.

The quiet zones are hardly ever obeyed when im on them, I get more annoyed by loud ipods than anything. I think that idea to block out the quiet zones is ridiculous, if the train gets delayed (which does happen, and when it happens its normally pretty serious) family or friends will be panicking as to why they cant contact them. Stupid idea.

You HAVE to stand all the way to work? Or you have to stand if you want to get on that particular train? There were plenty spare on the 06.54 this morning.

Yeah would get the 6.54 but rocks into Fen st 1 minute before the 7.08 , so as i love my kip i try and grab every little minute i can of valuable zzzz'n time !!

Plus the 6.54 stops everywhere !!

Sounds like a great idea to me, was in the quiet zone last week and had some no mark jabbering on with no consideration to the other passengers. It's a shame we don't have the same outlook that people in Japan have.

Japanese mobile phone etiquette

I apologise unreservedly for anyone getting on or off at Benfleet, around 7.40 and 19.00 resepctively, who may have the misfortune of putting up with my husband's snoring effectively turning the quiet zone into a very noisy zone!

i actually read the leaflet for the first time, and am all for it. the 5pm train home isnt too bad, but the ignorant losers who find something to talk about for an hour every morning at 7am need shooting

Firstly i wish i could of found a leaflet on my seat , but seeing as i have to stand up all the way into work from Benfleet , then no i never saw any leaflets . In fact i have never managed to find a seat on the 7.08 and i don't even bother to look now , just get on and go and plot up .

On the way home doesn't matter where i sit as i'm always soundo , must have to apologise maybe 3 times a week to randoms who i have kicked out at whenever i get the dozing off flinchies !!! shocking behaivour

Ah, I get off at Benfleet on the 7.08 every morning, so are you one of the ones who wont let us off and just charge onto the train, leaving me and the others trying to get off shoving and hitting people with our bags just to move out the way? ;)

I do think the Quiet Zone is a good idea. Nice and relaxing to sit in after a tough day at work (which at the moment is everyday). Hopefully the next thing they will do is employ all those security guards that they have on the NEEA line with the new camera's on their heads to stop the pain in the arse's from playing their music too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back