• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The cheek of Labour !

mrsblue

Banned
Labour loons go into meltdown over the Google tax which roughly equals 3% !

Yet under Labour they paid ZERO !

Over a decade with the mad left and they allowed the bankers to take the wee,plus big companies paid zero tax.

They are at best comical.

Over a decade with the mad left and they allowed the bankers to take the wee,plus big companies paid zero tax.

Watched the woman from the Labour party tackle this on question time last week, from my point of view two wrongs don't make a right.

And whilst it is welcome that Google pay tax, they should be paying the going rate.

Seems a bit pointless to compare Corbyn's Labour to Blair's Labour, name aside they share little in common with each other.

TBF,the investigation into Google's tax affairs, which only reported last week was in fact started by Labour .

I trust everyone will boycott the free stuff Google provides: Maps, Youtube, Blogger, Google etc etc?

I couldnt care less if they pay tax - they employ people and that's investment.

I trust everyone will boycott the free stuff Google provides: Maps, Youtube, Blogger, Google etc etc?

Plenty of companies employ people, why should Google be any different or do you advocate that the UK should remove the requirement for all companies to pay it? If so, where do we find the extra £40Bn or so that it brings in?

3% tax is hardly fair though,is it? I'm sure we both pay tax at a much higher rate than that.

Why should it be any different for large multi-national companies?

Really the EU needs to sort this out asap.

I hate paying tax,I understand I paid more tax than FB last year,I think they paid £4000??????

Make the taxation simple without any get out clauses.

3% tax is hardly fair though,is it? I'm sure we both pay tax at a much higher rate than that.

Why should it be any different for large multi-national companies?

Really the EU needs to sort this out asap.

Perhaps they will add it to their ever growing list.....

One of the reasons they gave was because they donot have a base in the UK, so the two buildings they use in London and one in Manchester, must be ideal for squatters to invade, or perhaps some of the homeless to re-house

i think Gideon couldnot smirk too much at getting £ 130 m from them

UTS

UTS

Very true but then Blair won three General Elections, Corbyn is still living in the 1970's. Google taking the ****? of course they are and it leaves a bad taste but then so does donating to terrorists.

JC,of course,didn't even become an MP until 1983.

As Wiki makes clear:-

"His political career began when he was elected to Haringey Council in 1974 and later was secretary of the Islington Constituency Labour Party (CLP)."

PS, Putting some loose change in a bucket hardly equates to Google only paying 3% on their tax liabilities to the British taxpayer over recent years.

"His political career began when he was elected to Haringey Council in 1974 and later was secretary of the Islington Constituency Labour Party (CLP)."

I could be wrong but what I think SaM was eluding to was the fact that JC is just like the Labour of the 70's and would like the present UK to be run like it was back then. Union power, industrial disputes by those Unions, party in fighting, Labour funded by Union contributions etc etc not that he was actually active and a major player back then.

But I think you already knew that didn't you but still had to make a contradictory statement.

It's a strange premis - the current Chancellor heralds a great deal by getting a huge business to pay 3% tax. His own Business Secretary is embarrased by it, the EU are going to investigate the legality of the deal and one lone voice tries to blame Labour.

I would hope that people would expect their government to take responsibility for their actions now and not expect people to hark back to make excuses for them.

PS, Putting some loose change in a bucket hardly equates to Google only paying 3% on their tax liabilities to the British taxpayer over recent years.

But then Google never went out and brought armalite rifles with that loose change, did they.

I think the one person who has spoken any sense on this is Nigel Lawson. He is suggesting that corporation tax is based on sales rather than profit.

On the face of it, that would make a huge amount of sense because it would stop companies like Google and Amazon from manipulating their UK profits in favour of their, say Luxembourg, profits.

I could be wrong but what I think SaM was eluding to was the fact that JC is just like the Labour of the 70's and would like the present UK to be run like it was back then. Union power, industrial disputes by those Unions, party in fighting, Labour funded by Union contributions etc etc not that he was actually active and a major player back then.

But I think you already knew that didn't you but still had to make a contradictory statement.

While it's true that Jeremy Corbyn was active in the trade union movement back in the 70's, it's clearly wrong to suggest that he was in any position of real political power at that time.

I think the one person who has spoken any sense on this is Nigel Lawson. He is suggesting that corporation tax is based on sales rather than profit.

On the face of it, that would make a huge amount of sense because it would stop companies like Google and Amazon from manipulating their UK profits in favour of their, say Luxembourg, profits.

People have been suggesting that corporation tax should be paid on revenues in the countries where big multinational companies operate (not just Google,btw) rather than on profits for some time now.

It's certainly not a new idea and NL didn't come up with it (though he is certainly a convert).

Back