• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The coldest away ground you have ever visited

Has to be MK Dons a few years ago. I have never been so cold at a football match in all my life. To top it off I went on the coach and it got a puncture before it had even pulled out of the car park after the game. This is one match I will remember for a long long time albeit for the wrong reasons.

Scarborough, in the F.A Cup replay back in 2004. I had a jumper, coat and was still absolutely freezing. My feet were so cold, that at half time i stuck a load of tissue down my socks for extra insulation.
Poor old Scarborough though, they haven't even got a team any more

MK Dons a couple of years back at NHS is the choice of many and mine too, it was a pure endurance test with me finding that the secret to easing the pain was to give up trying to get warm and freeze solid, it somehow hurt less with no feeling left. I think that happened to a few of our players that day too.

Told SS Junior not to moan about it to Mum otherwise she wouldn't let him go again. In fact, I have told him quite a few times over the years what not to say:

"Son, don't say it was either too boring, too cold, too violent, too far, they were rubbish, there was foul language, the catering was crap, that I lost a bet on the game, traffic was bad, there was a bad accident on the way, you got wet, etc etc" or she will question again why we go.

"And if you say it's more than one of those things she won't let you go again"

"And if you can't go then I won't be allowed either"

"So, grit your teeth, say it was sensational, and here's your pocket money"

"That way we get to do it all again next week"

"OK Dad ............................................. thanks"

"Don't thank me son, thank your Grandad, it's all his bloody fault"

UTB:stunned:

Scarborough, in the F.A Cup replay back in 2004. I had a jumper, coat and was still absolutely freezing. My feet were so cold, that at half time i stuck a load of tissue down my socks for extra insulation.
Poor old Scarborough though, they haven't even got a team any more

They reformed as Scarborough Athletic and won promotion at the weekend

MK Dons a few years ago, terrible winds!!

Macclesfield we lost 2-1, chucked it down for an hour (no roof)

Wycombe on boxing day about 4/5 years ago

MK Dons that was SOOOOOOOOO cold it felt like it was -20C. I remembering wearing two tops, two jumpers, a thin jacket and a huge thick jacket and still been cold! I also remember some nutter wearing shorts.... SHORTS!! that day, I see him quite abit at RH wearing shorts and a bright red SUFC hat.

Chesterfield - must've been around 20 years back - 2 coachloads of brave idiots. It didn't actually feel that cold in Southend but when we got to Chesterfield it was so cold, wet and windy that my fingers fused together. I remember starting off standing on the terrace before we were allowed to move under cover.

Good shout that one - now you've mentioned it - took the missus too - she was well impressed(not) - especially when the hotel in the peak district we checked into later on was even colder. If I am thinking of the same game Danny Greaves made his debut and scored iirc.

And what about Torquay away when Gary Nelson got his hat-trick ? Took the missus to that one too and had to keep warming her feet for her. Every time I went down on her ( so to speak ) Gary Nelson scored ! :stunned:

Got stuck in a snowdrift on the M4 coming home, don't you just love the English weather in, iirc, May ! :thumbdown:

Has to be the Hockey Stadium and MK Dons. So cold I couldn't feel my feet; walked back to the car reeling around like a drunk (even though I don't drink) sat in the car for 10 minutes until I could feel the pedals to drive.
Never been that cold anywhere since.

Good shout that one - now you've mentioned it - took the missus too - she was well impressed(not) - especially when the hotel in the peak district we checked into later on was even colder. If I am thinking of the same game Danny Greaves made his debut and scored iirc.

And what about Torquay away when Gary Nelson got his hat-trick ? Took the missus to that one too and had to keep warming her feet for her. Every time I went down on her ( so to speak ) Gary Nelson scored ! :stunned:

Got stuck in a snowdrift on the M4 coming home, don't you just love the English weather in, iirc, May ! :thumbdown:

That reminds me of the first and one of the few times Mrs ORM came to football. Pre Mrs ORM days the height of romance in me took fiancée ORM for a romantic long weekend in a cheap Blackpool B+B :p I'm sure it was Easter or very close to it unless we took time off work. Southend were away at Grimsby which I assured Mrs ORM was "just down the road" :D Several hours later we arrived at the godforsaken hole that is like a freezer in the height of summer. If I remember rightly the game was dull as dishwater and we lost 1-0 I think.

Back