• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

You forget the bridging loan he has promised !!
But getting back to your post MM, as countless post have been before this shouldn’t happen or be in the position , so yes RM and those that stick with him at the club deserve all abuse he receives on forums and at matches, I would never go as far as outside his house as his family have no part in this, it’s down to one man only
Only found out the other day that the East stand toilets were probably smashed up by a couple of grown men who weren't Southend fans. They had caused problems in the bar and seats etc.

Just what the club needs.
Please don’t call them men Riggers

Only found out the other day that the East stand toilets were probably smashed up by a couple of grown men who weren't Southend fans. They had caused problems in the bar and seats etc.

Just what the club needs.

Have mentioned this before, this is the toilets at the back of the greens, near the food bar there. It's happened, according to staff, most games, and has caused a lot of problems in the gents toilets and surrounding area in the Shrimpers Bar below. Last happened when we had our Quiz Night in November and almost put the Shrimpers loo out of action as water was pouring through from light fittings above.

I said then that I struggle to understand how OUR OWN SUPPORTERS can wilfully cause this kind of damage but this is who I am told has been doing this - how do other supporters get in there during a match? Please, if you sit in this area, watch out for it going on and report it straightaway!

Have mentioned this before, this is the toilets at the back of the greens, near the food bar there. It's happened, according to staff, most games, and has caused a lot of problems in the gents toilets and surrounding area in the Shrimpers Bar below. Last happened when we had our Quiz Night in November and almost put the Shrimpers loo out of action as water was pouring through from light fittings above.

I said then that I struggle to understand how OUR OWN SUPPORTERS can wilfully cause this kind of damage but this is who I am told has been doing this - how do other supporters get in there during a match? Please, if you sit in this area, watch out for it going on and report it straightaway!
That's because there are moronic arseholes @OldBlueLady. Too often these days folk moan like the buggery over this sort of stuff going on but I have never heard of any supporter reporting damage being caused at the time to enable security to trash the idiots.

That's because there are moronic arseholes @OldBlueLady. Too often these days folk moan like the buggery over this sort of stuff going on but I have never heard of any supporter reporting damage being caused at the time to enable security to trash the idiots.
The toilets on the South/East stand corner have vegitation growing up the wall .

Many clubs exist with fans acting as volunteers.I have a cousin who is a heating/plumber engineer who oftens helps out sorting out problems because he is a fan of his club.No doubt we have fans at Southend that would so the same but regrettably we have had the blood sucked out and we have and still treated very poorly.We are treated like oh its doesn't matter what ever the club decides the fans will turn up at games regardless.However basic facilities like the toilets are a human right and shouldn't be ignored,come on Tom please give us some respect we all deserve

Who are we supposed to report these things to ? My wife has spoken to Tom Lawrence about the east stand ladies loos and nothing has been done
I'm sure she has, but at the end of the day if we all stop bothering then nothing will ever change ever. What is it the Consultancy Gurus constantly say? "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got". And I was asking about the vegetation.

I'm sure she has, but at the end of the day if we all stop bothering then nothing will ever change ever. What is it the Consultancy Gurus constantly say? "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got". And I was asking about the vegetation.
There's only so many times you can ask as well though before it becomes a fruitless endeavour. It'd be like banging your head against a brick wall.

There's only so many times you can ask as well though before it becomes a fruitless endeavour. It'd be like banging your head against a brick wall.
Amended it ever so slightly......

'There's only so many times you can ask as well though before it becomes a fruitless endeavour. It'd be like banging your head against vegitation'. :Winking2:

of course if Roots Hall was condemned and refused a certificate and we were forced to ground share would the chairman of the development company responsible for FF and RH be very

a/ very upset
b/ over the moon

asking for a friend

The Minutes have been approved and are waiting to be posted so I see no reason why I can't copy and paste directly from them:

In order to comply with the Club’s Safety Certificate, electrical testing and remedial works (if required) need to be taken to the East, South and North stands. Purely to test the East Stand will cost approx. £11k – this is something that has to be done, the East Stand is tested every year, and the other stands every other year. Unfortunately, the situation with Covid has pushed them all together this time. Without this, we would face the East Stand being closed. The testing works have already been commissioned and paid for.
I kind of assumed that the inspections took place out of season and it would be the high priority rectifications that will need to be carried out but I genuinely couldn't give a reason not to do it during the season.

Hopefully the defects aren't too bad although I suspect the stadium is approaching the point where a full rewire may be in order

I kind of assumed that the inspections took place out of season and it would be the high priority rectifications that will need to be carried out but I genuinely couldn't give a reason not to do it during the season.

Hopefully the defects aren't too bad although I suspect the stadium is approaching the point where a full rewire may be in order
Rewire?! The poor old place has barely changed since the 1980’s. I hate to think how much it’d cost to even bring it up to acceptable standards. Breaks your heart really. But .. we are where we are. We’ve gambled everything on Fossetts happening.

In the past I was an electrical contractor working for various London boroughs.
I use to carry out electrical inspections (EICR) reports to their properties.
It was down to the inspectors interpretation of the installation as to when in his opinion, the next inspection should take place.
If there were many defects and observations made within the report then the inspector could then state that the next inspection should be carried out within the next 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc...
So I only assume that a few observations had been made within the report to justify a more regular inspection to the electrical installation only.

of course if Roots Hall was condemned and refused a certificate and we were forced to ground share would the chairman of the development company responsible for FF and RH be very

a/ very upset
b/ over the moon

asking for a friend
What does 'your friend' think? And is he able to explain why? Just asking... As I'm curious.

Back