• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

There's only so many times you can ask as well though before it becomes a fruitless endeavour. It'd be like banging your head against a brick wall.

I don't know, I'm pretty good at nagging and most things I usually nag about do, eventually, get addressed!

We're not due our next Liaison till early Feb, but if people want to PM me issues, then I will do my best to raise them.

Am also happy to take the volunteer suggestion forward again if people are genuine in their offers though I hasten to add, that when this was done for B&L, there were so few people that turned up of those that offered that it might not be taken up. Have a feeling that PB did some work on the electrics in places!

What does 'your friend' think? And is he able to explain why? Just asking... As I'm curious.

my friend is a nervous wreck and scared to go the Zone cos of the nasty people being horrid to him ...... but I understand that he likes asking relevant questions and likes it when the big nasty zoners get upset as he thinks he might be getting close to something ..

but sadly he cant really think for himself and make his own mind up so he just repeats stuff he has heard (or made up) ...

he did tell me once that his dream was to be ITK and that it would be better than sex if RM was to ever buy him a plate fo chips

All very depressing reading.

I also heard that the West Stand roof is mainly asbestos? Wouldn’t surprise me if the place is riddled with the stuff

Can't understand this love affair with Roots Hall. Awful view, seats too near the next row, cannot be improved as it is mainly concrete on slipping banks. The memories are there for sure and will remain but I'm ready to move on.
The issue is that it has not been maintained/improved since the jobson era. That's 30 years ago.

Its been left to rot.

Can't understand this love affair with Roots Hall. Awful view, seats too near the next row, cannot be improved as it is mainly concrete on slipping banks. The memories are there for sure and will remain but I'm ready to move on.
I reckon nearly everybody would agree with that sentiment. But, for the moment, we are where we are, with no chance of improvement. So it's suck it up time for me as I couldn't not go to watch the Blues live.

When I was back for the Dorking game earlier this year, I was pretty shocked. Had only been back once, in September 2021, since 2018. Even in those 14 months the deterioration was pretty clear.

Took my wife to the Dorking game in the South Upper, first time she’d been there since I last dragged her there against her wishes in 2015, and she asked me if I was sure it was safe.

Back when I was there regularly up to 2018, it was always rough around the edges and a bit unloved but it felt more “traditional” and “old-fashioned” than dangerous. These days I’m not sure I could say the same. The place is falling apart and Ron’s strategy of leaving it to ruin has fallen apart when he couldn’t get anything done in time.

Sadly the hall has had its day .If as exspected on hear that Ron doesnt get the bridgeing loan he has been after .Then it wont make a jot hoe roothall is falling down .Because if there is no club left it wont make any differance will it

Having worked in the maintenance department at at ageing chemical plant with limited desire from the owners to invest any work needing to be carried out will probably need a cost benefit analysis carrying out.

We need a stadium that can hold 7k until FF is ready to open therefore that should be the absolute priority.

Anything safety related that reduces the capacity below that will need to be carried out.

Anything else will need to be the bare minimum requirements to meet the national league standards, I wouldn't be surprised if portaloo's or temporary burger vans with generators make an appearance rather than doing any rectification work on the existing facilities.

I've started taking my 10 year old grandson this season. We sit in the South Stand, during the last game, he said "It's a bit disgusting here, can we find some other seats?". I said there wasn't anywhere that would be much better and he's since told me he's not sure he wants to go to the next game.

I have a confession. I have the plans for FF in a separate folder on my PC with the projected timescales. I think we can treat the timescales with a large pinch of salt. However I do revisit the plans from time to time. They are really fantastic. Perhaps that might cheer people up. Ok it might never happen but the wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't help. I like to imagine the youngsters behind the goal in their safe standing area giving it full throttle creating an atmosphere to rival the old North bank. They will be making their own memories. We just need the bloody thing built.

Portaloos and temporary burger vans would be an improvement. I still wouldn't eat a burger at Roots Hall. I value my health
My mate got a burger at the Bromley game. I wished him luck lol

He threw half away. Said it was cold and like cardboard.

Only a matter of time before further areas of the ground are closed for good unfortunately. It’s literally like a stadium in a 3rd world country and that’s being generous. Disgraceful it’s been left to rot like this.

I have a confession. I have the plans for FF in a separate folder on my PC with the projected timescales. I think we can treat the timescales with a large pinch of salt. However I do revisit the plans from time to time. They are really fantastic. Perhaps that might cheer people up. Ok it might never happen but the wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't help. I like to imagine the youngsters behind the goal in their safe standing area giving it full throttle creating an atmosphere to rival the old North bank. They will be making their own memories. We just need the bloody thing built.
Have you got a link?

Back