• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Daily Mail have printed it .. it must be true

First article I've read in the DM for quite a while that I find myself in absolute agreement with.:winking:

"The authors claim that there is a strong correlation between low intelligence both as a child and an adult, and right-wing politics."

Which is just as well because I have an extremely low IQ of 48 - which means I have a moderate mental disability! And, by the way, I'm left-wing.

This can not be true because you have a kean sense of humor(imho) and thus can not be a left winger,defender maybe goalkeeper at a push.

The information used in this study is from 1970, that alone shows that any conclusion you could draw is out of date anyway. What a stupid article.

ps the whole premise is flawed because it relies on IQ as an indicator of intelligence. Which is flawed.

It doesn't say IQ tests were used only that cognitive abilities (verbal IQ ratings are used more these days )were tested and southendkid the 58 and 70's data are used for starting points to relate to the new information 33+ years afterwards .

It's probably flawed anyway as their using the premise of inherent intelligence as a baseline anyway, just funny the Daily Mail printed it.

Personally I thought this was common knowledge. I've been saying it for years.

:winking:

I can't see the argument here .. to my mind Dave Martin does look more intelligent than Ryan Hall :smile:

The funny thing is , autistic people also require this level of order and metal stability :D

I don't follow what you're inferring?

I understand the article, and I'm very familiar with autisim. I might be being a bit slow (my brain starts to slow down on a Friday afternoon), but I don't understand what you're inferring with the above?

Is that not what I've said, that Ozy was inferring? Or are you being clever?

He's a lefty he must be clever - The Daily Mail says so.

The 70's. Isnt that when Arthur Scargill started his rise to the top? He was clever.

I don't follow what you're inferring?

I understand the article, and I'm very familiar with autisim. I might be being a bit slow (my brain starts to slow down on a Friday afternoon), but I don't understand what you're inferring with the above?

Sorry ill explain more . Learning more about autism i was informed the other day by someone qualified in teaching autistic kids , there's a methods of teaching that encourages using wargamming as it provides rules and structure as well as defined outcomes (though people with Dyspraxia have that as well )for them to express themselves . I was claiming it was the same right wing minded people .

Back