• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What makes you say that? Have you any information that you are not imparting to the rest of us?

Just firmly convinced that Sainsbury need something more in the town than what they have. Not going to be anything like what was originally intended though.

Just firmly convinced that Sainsbury need something more in the town than what they have. Not going to be anything like what was originally intended though.

I would have thought that they are more likely to refurbish/revamp the Southend, London Road site.

I would have thought that they are more likely to refurbish/revamp the Southend, London Road site.
The problem with their London Road site is vehicle access. The car park is horrendous and there's the hassle of having to pay for parking every time. If I was Mr Sainsbury I'd still think a new store in Southend with free parking and fuel would make sense, even if it was not on the scale of the original plans. They could then open up a Local type store in the High Street.

The problem with their London Road site is vehicle access. The car park is horrendous and there's the hassle of having to pay for parking every time. If I was Mr Sainsbury I'd still think a new store in Southend with free parking and fuel would make sense, even if it was not on the scale of the original plans. They could then open up a Local type store in the High Street.

Indeed. Who wouldn't want free fuel.

Maybe the idea is to no longer have a hotel at FF but instead a bit of glamping - A night under canvas

A bigwig from head office went into js and told them they wouldn't be moving and there would be no big revamp in their current store apart from foreign money exchange and some lighting work that was ongoing at the time. As has been said on here before, the future is in the locals and they have invested heavily on them recently with another one coming in Westcliff soon.

Except the 'local's generally have little by way of car-parking, are limited on choice of products, stock mainly brand-name (pricier) products and are suitable only for a top-up shop and not as a household's main weekly shop. Their London Road
store is sadly lacking in many ways when compared to what the Rayleigh Weir store has to offer.

Except the 'local's generally have little by way of car-parking, are limited on choice of products, stock mainly brand-name (pricier) products and are suitable only for a top-up shop and not as a household's main weekly shop. Their London Road
store is sadly lacking in many ways when compared to what the Rayleigh Weir store has to offer.

Totally agree.

Back