• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you like to list here, your qualifications for writing such a glowing report on our Southend United.
I'm sure you are able to motivate yourself and all of the players:winking:

that was said the other day, come on he is spot on.... The wink or not, can't defend some of Browns rubbish... Well some can

Yes it is, gpd.

In other news, why would we interview McQueen about his future, then, if his parent club are re-calling him?

PB sent Sam off with compliments on his views of his strengths advice on his weaknesses and how to approach improving on them and surprisingly a couple of explanatory apologies which I won't go into. Sam found it helpful.

Much obliged, Nocky.

What's Sam's hopes, by the way. Is he expecting some first team chances with the Saints soon?

PB sent Sam off with compliments on his views of his strengths advice on his weaknesses and how to approach improving on them and surprisingly a couple of explanatory apologies which I won't go into. Sam found it helpful.

Given that your posts are normally pretty diplomatic Nocky, your last sentence is interesting.

Much obliged, Nocky.

What's Sam's hopes, by the way. Is he expecting some first team chances with the Saints soon?

Always hoping for 1st team appearances at Saints. It's been over 2 years since his FA cup debut. 5 competitive squad appearances since then but not pitch time bar pre season friendlies. He is aiming to do some serious pre-pre-season fitness work as he's not had much game time last 4 months. Then hit the ground running pre-season to try and impress RK (if he's there). RK does not favour young players though. Very different to Pochettino. Sam has some talented competition to impress against in Mane Rodriguez Tadic never mind his peers such as Gallagher and Sims. His big plus is his work rate (despite what someone else on here stated) and his flexibility being able to play anywhere in attack or attacking midfield. I suspect he will go out on loan again aiming for championship. He usually has a good start to the season so hopefully an early season loan will see him having more success than this mid season one. Next season being a success is crucial as he has two years left on his contract. It's all a wonderful adventure. He is a privileged young man.

Great summation, Nocky.

I actually rated him when I saw him. Think he might not have been at the right club, with us : Limited opportunities, difficult system to play in (etc.)

If we had him for a whole season, I could see him being a good link man to the front two. He can pick a pass (as per the two through balls for Mooney and Payne) and seemed to be comfortable on the ball.

Best of luck to him.

Always hoping for 1st team appearances at Saints. It's been over 2 years since his FA cup debut. 5 competitive squad appearances since then but not pitch time bar pre season friendlies. He is aiming to do some serious pre-pre-season fitness work as he's not had much game time last 4 months. Then hit the ground running pre-season to try and impress RK (if he's there). RK does not favour young players though. Very different to Pochettino. Sam has some talented competition to impress against in Mane Rodriguez Tadic never mind his peers such as Gallagher and Sims. His big plus is his work rate (despite what someone else on here stated) and his flexibility being able to play anywhere in attack or attacking midfield. I suspect he will go out on loan again aiming for championship. He usually has a good start to the season so hopefully an early season loan will see him having more success than this mid season one. Next season being a success is crucial as he has two years left on his contract. It's all a wonderful adventure. He is a privileged young man.

He has potential for sure, but im not sure he is a premier league player in the making. I would say if he keeps working hard and improving then he could be a championship level player. He just never quite seemd to fit at roots hall which is a shame as i had high hopes for him.

Certainly not one of the worst loanees we have had.

With Payne going I would be tempted to bring him back and try him in that role, but maybe after the lack of game time this season it won't be on the cards. It's a fair way up IMO from this level to Championship at the moment and it would be quite a leap for anyone to go from bit-part at this level to a regular there, would reckon he'd find half a season as a regular in L1 useful before trying to make the step up.

Appreciate the opinions and advice. As a dad I have always had high expectations and even higher hopes but hopefully I'm a bit more realistic than some parents on X factor! Sam is a team player. Put him in with a good passing side and he will fit and improve. His biggest weakness is a tendency to coast. You really haven't seen him at his best so I still think he can go higher. But it is a balancing act. His 10mins v Sunderland when he was 19 tells me he can cope with that level and Pochettino said so too before and after. If Poch had stayed we'd have found out. As I have said before he's a privileged lad and if League one is his level it'll still be a privilege. Only time will tell. I will be following Southend next season regardless. All the best.

Appreciate the opinions and advice. As a dad I have always had high expectations and even higher hopes but hopefully I'm a bit more realistic than some parents on X factor! Sam is a team player. Put him in with a good passing side and he will fit and improve. His biggest weakness is a tendency to coast. You really haven't seen him at his best so I still think he can go higher. But it is a balancing act. His 10mins v Sunderland when he was 19 tells me he can cope with that level and Pochettino said so too before and after. If Poch had stayed we'd have found out. As I have said before he's a privileged lad and if League one is his level it'll still be a privilege. Only time will tell. I will be following Southend next season regardless. All the best.

Appreciate all your posts and on behalf of the Zone wish Sam all the best.

I am sure he will do well in the future but please don't let him play against us, all our ex's score against us.

Back