• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure how many is in the squad, but if we said there are 22 and PB is going to allow 10 hours today, that gives each player approx 25 mins per meeting to discuss their future... That's not very long!

How long do you need to say we are letting you go ?

Chris Philips tweeted this at 11.31, how come now at 2.35 we still haven't been told? Talk about dragged out!

Im not sure if I have missed something but how do some posters on here know that the 'surprise departure' is a player under contract? Just out of interest.

Im not sure if I have missed something but how do some posters on here know that the 'surprise departure' is a player under contract? Just out of interest.

I am guessing because it wouldnt be surprising to see any of the out of contract players seeing as they are either a) wanted by other clubs (Bentley, Payne) b) fallen out with PB (Prosser, Bolger) or c)pants/crocks (Weston, Hunt).

Idea : Rather than come out with what was said at 11:31am "I've got a juicy bit of gossip but I'm not telling you lot yet", why not wait until he has the information confirmed and then tell us!

Chris Philips tweeted this at 11.31, how come now at 2.35 we still haven't been told? Talk about dragged out!

Chill out, go for a walk, enjoy the summer. It won't make a difference if you find out today, tomorrow or August 1st.

Prob cause like normal he got it wrong

Really, to be fair i know CP really well. He normally is pretty much accurate with what he knows and prints. If he says that there is a likely departure and he is surprised then im sure further info will follow. Never sure why people have the arse ache with him. Best source of info we have, and much better than the club themsleves

Those Assets in full :-

Bentley - Won't sign a contract, so f**k him!
White - He's a bit on the old side and slow and was rubbish at Wigan and Rochdale
Coker - Can't take a set-piece and has lost it lately. Always f**ks about with the ball
Barrett - He's too old. My mum could run past him and score a hat-trick
Thompson - Got a head like a 50p piece that useless knacker
Atkinson - Runs around like a headless chicken and can only pass backwards
Deegan - He doesn't tackle, he fouls, he gets yellow cards, he gets suspended, he's more a liability than an asset
Worrall - He doesn't even want to play for us
Payne - Yep, this bloke doesn't either
McLaughlin - Injury prone. Be lucky to get 10 games out of him
Wordsworth - Too inconsistent
Leonard - He's alright actually. Could do with scoring more goals, though
Barnett - Lazy f**ker who hasn't scored for months
Hunt - Don't make me laugh, I mean, seriously
Mooney - Always offside and can't jump properly
Hurst - He's gone hasn't he? .. I read that somewhere
Williams - Too young and inexperienced
Bolger - No-one likes him in the dressing room and he smells
Smith - He's already let in some soft goals. He'll send us down next season, you just watch

Horton - What does he do? I mean, really, seriously
Coughlan - He shouts a lot and I like him
Brown - F**kin ....... * censored by the moderators *

A fair enough summation, but good to see you don't have anything to say against Timlin.

So why tweet it?

Why not? Isn't that what twitter is for? As has been said, CP does a decent job under trying circumstances to bring us more than superficial news from SUFC. If he didn't tweet anything until it had been properly confirmed, he'd be constantly criticised for being slow and behind. Why does it bother you so much?

It's definitely happening. Unfair criticism for Chris Phillips on here. He tells us what he can, he knows who it is but the club won't let him say... the club decide when they want to say.

I thought it was Hunt but it's someone under contract. I'd now go for Timlin been injured a lot this season and when he has played he hasn't done very well or as well than in previous seasons.

Back