• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree and why is he speaking to them individually; what sort of team spirit does that produce

You haven't got a clue Brown and I should know as I watch a lot of football which makes me an expert in football management

Here we go again.

Basically it it seems to me for many all sensible discussion is out the window because for some a personal dislike of the manager colours every comment.

He is telling you what is going on- if he wasn't you would be beating him up for not communicating with the fans. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with him telling us what is going on. At some point hopefully all this negativity will stop- it's a real turn off.

Wow, even an hour after he (unnecessarily) stated he was being sarcastic, you have taken his post seriously.

Anyway the negativity exists for good reason. Five consecutive defeats and half a season of relegation form despite a good mid-season base on which to build; a manager who gave every impression of wanting to be somewhere else; Payne and Bentley leaving is barely compensated by another year of Deegan; nothing to suggest that next season's tactics and team selection will be any more explicable than last season's; nothing to suggest our substitutions will suddenly start to have the impact that opposing sides' substitutions do.

Hurst gone

Kevan Hurst ‏@KevanHurst14 12s12 seconds ago
I wish @SUFCRootsHall all the success in the world and can honestly say that I love the club. Thank you for the memories ❤️❤️❤️
0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet
Liked 2
More

Hurst has gone

Just tweeted by Chris Phillips:
‏
@CJPhillips1982 2 minutes ago Basildon, East
Breaking news: Kevan Hurst has left Southend United

Great player a few years back and always gave his best, even when things weren't going his way. Will be an asset for a League 2 side. Best of luck Kevan.

Shame to see Hursty go. A good loyal servant to the club and in his initial couple of seasons, a real talent. Plenty of assists and goals to his name in the early days. Think League 1 is a step too far for him now unfortunately. Good luck Hursty.

Hursty is definitely up there as one of the best crossers to have played for Southend. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go and get a load of assists and a few goals next season. I still think he had a lot to give but Brown obviously didn't rate him much.
Good luck Kevan, you have been a fantastic pro and servant to this club. I hope you are appreciated at a new club.

Always liked Hurst and remember that cracking goal he scored at D&R on boxing day(?). Good luck Hursty shame you couldn't get back to the form of the start of your time at Southend.

Right decision. Hurst is a really nice guy but there can't be any room for sentiment.

Do we know if Brown's seeing them in alphabetical order, or there's a waiting room outside and they're sitting there with a number, waiting for it to click up on the screen whilst silently thumbing through old copies of Four Four Two?

Back