• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fifth Test

Has Warne ever bowled within the first hour of a Test match before...?!

rock.gif
cool.gif

Come on England, 9 off Shane's first over.

Matt

Goin along at 5 an over at the moment, seems almost desperation already to bring Warne on this early!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 08 2005,11:36)]Goin along at 5 an over at the moment, seems almost desperation already to bring Warne on this early!
Almost desperation, but not quite. Perhaps inspiration instead...?

Warne comes up with his 29th wicket of the summer... the swine!

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 08 2005,11:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 08 2005,11:36)]Goin along at 5 an over at the moment, seems almost desperation already to bring Warne on this early!
Almost desperation, but not quite. Perhaps inspiration instead...?

Warne comes up with his 29th wicket of the summer... the swine!

suspect.gif
Well I guess not many teams can get away with bringing their spinner on after an hour of the first day on a fast, bouncy pitch!

A good strike from Strauss brings up the hundred. We need to get to lunch without losing any more wickets now...!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 08 2005,12:13)]A good strike from Strauss brings up the hundred. We need to get to lunch without losing any more wickets now...!
Aargh!!!

Feckin Warne again!

mad.gif

Vaughan out for 11... 102/2

sad.gif

Matt

Bugger, Vaughan has gone for 11 after a rash shot. Come on England, don't collapse on us now!
tounge.gif

This is ridiculous. We're gonna be all out for 200 at this rate. Bell LBW to Warne.

115-3 at lunch. We need to be a bit more careful in the afternoon session I think
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 08 2005,12:27)]Bloody Warne, at least this will be the last time we have to face him!
2nd innings yet. I repeat I sense a 10 for, for Warney here.

Strauss needs to go onto 3 figures from here. One of Pietersen, Flintoff and Collingwood also needs to score 3 figures I feel to get to 400+
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 08 2005,12:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 08 2005,12:27)]Bloody Warne, at least this will be the last time we have to face him!
2nd innings yet. I repeat I sense a 10 for, for Warney here.

Strauss needs to go onto 3 figures from here. One of Pietersen, Flintoff and Collingwood also needs to score 3 figures I feel to get to 400+
down.gif
Well yeah still got the second innings unfortunately! I agree I think he'll get 10, none of the bowlers seem to be doing anything though so we just need to try and score of them!

Bloody Bell letdown again!! I said at the start of the series when everyone was debating between Thorpe & Pieterson that we should play both and drop Bell. I have seen nothing this series to make me change my mind!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Sep. 08 2005,12:45)]Bloody Bell letdown again!! I said at the start of the series when everyone was debating between Thorpe & Pieterson that we should play both and drop Bell. I have seen nothing this series to make me change my mind!
Bell averaging only 19 now for the series. In saying that Martyn, Hayden and Gilchrist are only averaging 21's and 22's. Who would have thought that?

Think he (Bell) needs a big 2nd innings score to get the dubious pleasure of a trip to Pakistan.

Peitersen bowled Warne for 14.

131-4

Need Struass to stick around and Freddie to smash Warne out of the attack!

Back