• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Turpinator

Saga Lout
Went to see The Football Factory yesterday, having read the book a few years ago.

It is a VERY good film & I reccommend going & seeing it if you haven't already.

Although the book was fiction it was very closely linked to the truth about the infamous Chelsea Headhunters & it has been adapted to screen very well...good story, good acting & a blinding soundtrack.

Also, The Mighty Blues get a mention!!! When the "lads" are in the pub watching the 3rd Round FA Cup draw, 3 ties are drawn out, Millwall v Chelsea being the 3rd, but the first was Ipswich Town v Southend United!!! That'd be a good one!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ May 23 2004,11:06)]Also, The Mighty Blues get a mention!!! When the "lads" are in the pub watching the 3rd Round FA Cup draw, 3 ties are drawn out, Millwall v Chelsea being the 3rd, but the first was Ipswich Town v Southend United!!! That'd be a good one!  
smile.gif
No, it wasn't...
sad.gif

Lost to a flukey deflection from a free kick that should never have been awarded, ball lobbed up off a shoulder, beat the keeper and dropped just under the bar.

So what is everyone's top 5 football related films?

Football has never really worked well on the big screen (haven't seen Football Factory though).

For pure cheese, Escape To Victory has to be up there, thogh.

biggrin.gif

I.D is a funny film, for those of you that havent seen it, its about a copper that goes undercover at shadwell town fc worming his way in with the ' firm '. But instead of doing the norm, ie. research and nicking the hoolies he ends up turning into one himself. Guaranteed to get a few laughs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 23 2004,12:49)]So what is everyone's top 5 football related films?

Football has never really worked well on the big screen (haven't seen Football Factory though).

For pure cheese, Escape To Victory has to be up there, thogh.

biggrin.gif
Escape to victory was good and was made even more famous with Kevin O'Callaghan making a staring role
wink.gif

When Saturday comes, I thought had a damn good story line to it and will remain one of my favorites.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 23 2004,15:41)]The 1966 World Cup Film ...

WS

wink.gif
I heard that's being re-made into the 2006 World Cup film!

ghostface.gif

I can dream, can't I?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 23 2004,12:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ May 23 2004,11:06)]Also, The Mighty Blues get a mention!!! When the "lads" are in the pub watching the 3rd Round FA Cup draw, 3 ties are drawn out, Millwall v Chelsea being the 3rd, but the first was Ipswich Town v Southend United!!! That'd be a good one!
smile.gif
No, it wasn't...
sad.gif

Lost to a flukey deflection from a free kick that should never have been awarded, ball lobbed up off a shoulder, beat the keeper and dropped just under the bar.
Tut Flavs fault again , even in fiction his too short .

Also if i recall wasnt Bobby Moore our manager when he was filiming Escape to Vistory ?

Robbery was good, with Stanley Baker,
They plotted the heist at Brisbane Road(the Library must have been closed)

Escape to Victory has to be the best footie film without any contenders...

Apparently Michael Caine wasnt able to 'perform' his footballing parts so he had to have a stunt actor do them parts! how shocking is that, lad from the east end, cant kick a ball!

Also where was Pele's character meant to have come from? Cos other wise, why would a Brazilian have been in a European prisoner of war camp!.....still who cares, great cheesey film and the best performance from O'callaghan ive seen...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 4th man @ May 23 2004,16:00)]
http://www.shrimperzone.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Tut Flavs fault again , even in fiction his too short .

Also if i recall wasnt Bobby Moore our manager when he was filiming Escape to Vistory ?
No not fiction, I was there, but I'm not sure Flav's had even been born. Now you've got me thinking... When was our cup tie at Ipswich, and who was in goal? Come on guys, help me out my brain ain't wot it used to be!

Bobby Moore - great guy, but not a top manager... Was queing up to go through the turnstiles once, and a big shiny (not shinny, BTW) Rover pulls into a space up against the wall, smacks the wall and bounces back a couple of feet. Out gets Mr Moore, big embarrased grin.  
biggrin.gif

Me and the boys are trying to organize a night to go to see Football Factory. Anyone lend me 25 designer baseball caps for the boys to wear ?

I quite enjoyed the film actually, it focuses more on the characters than fighting itself which seems to work - I can't stand the plethora of books currently doing the rounds on hooliganism but this film had more than just glorified violence. If you can take all the cockney accents its worth a look.

One I won't be going to watch is 'The Yank' because that looks like it will be absolutely appalling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (No.11 @ May 23 2004,18:13)]Also where was Pele's character meant to have come from? Cos other wise, why would a Brazilian have been in a European prisoner of war camp ...
IIRC Pele's character (Luiz Fernandez) was supposed to be from Trinidad so I think he would have been fighting for the Allies as part of the Commonwealth.

The most endearing memory of the film remains the hysterically bad wooden acting from Mike Summerbee : "Come on lads, we can win this!"

WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back