• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gilbert & Rose West Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
This enterprise is already reaping it's rewards, the two dandies at G&R have had their most exposure ever, and the club I hear have already built a nice bar on the new patio behind the West.

I was thinking about left backs. I'll now sit down and think of Gilbert and George. ☺️

The point is. Did you know about Gilbert and Rose before all this. I didn't. Did you know what they did. I didn't. Do you know now. Yes. Have you looked at their website. I have. Do you think they are serial killers. No

Will at least be less embarrassing for their families if everyone thinks they are serial killers rather than estate agents.

So the Estate Agents are claiming they thought it would be called the G&R Stand (:Winking2:) yet the club have brandished that full name on our season tickets.

I can't help thinking this furore is intentional and they knew what they were doing with this re-branding. Some of the best publicity they could ever have had.

This is on The Times web site now. Shame what we have to resort to, to get in national newspapers, but what free publicity for the club and the sponsors!

Hi All,

Just wanted to add my personal thoughts on this 'story'. It was myself who brought Gilbert & Rose into the club as main partners, on a two year deal. Alongside our other three Stand Partners it is A) The Brand Name and B) The Geographical Location of the Stand.

The local estate agents have taken over South Essex with their second-to-none customer experience and intense commitment to clients. They are the exact type of brand that we as a club want to work with; they're forward thinking, and more importantly a good honest team. I know people who work there and it is one of the best, if not the best, working cultures. We will be working with Gilbert & Rose on a number of community initiatives, with the first to be announced on Friday, to benefit the local community alongside their commitment to provide tickets to local schools. That, in my opinion, should be the real story behind this partnership not a complete non-story about an abhorrent serial killer who has zero links to Southend United, Essex or indeed Gilbert & Rose Estate Agents.

Here's to a good season.

I think anyone with half a brain recognises the above. But word play is still waord play at the end of the day

Hi All,

Just wanted to add my personal thoughts on this 'story'. It was myself who brought Gilbert & Rose into the club as main partners, on a two year deal. Alongside our other three Stand Partners it is A) The Brand Name and B) The Geographical Location of the Stand.

The local estate agents have taken over South Essex with their second-to-none customer experience and intense commitment to clients. They are the exact type of brand that we as a club want to work with; they're forward thinking, and more importantly a good honest team. I know people who work there and it is one of the best, if not the best, working cultures. We will be working with Gilbert & Rose on a number of community initiatives, with the first to be announced on Friday, to benefit the local community alongside their commitment to provide tickets to local schools. That, in my opinion, should be the real story behind this partnership not a complete non-story about an abhorrent serial killer who has zero links to Southend United, Essex or indeed Gilbert & Rose Estate Agents.

Here's to a good season.
Thank you for bringing in such a good sponsor. However, surely any one of you could have seen how that would read. Even a blind man could work that out. Still, it had the desired effect and extra publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back