• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The I'm not watching the CL Final Thread

I'm listening to it whilst revising for my law exam tomorrow and it's making me even more depressed than the mound of cases I'm trying to remember. Also, that support is sh!t. I've heard louder at Roots Hall :D

I bought a few goal minutes, including ronaldo and lampard so 33 quid up and hopefully more to come. And it ain't a bad game really

The divings getting worse though. You sure that isn't Barnard ?

Then in football terms I'd suggest you're virtually brain dead. What wasn't to like about that game? Cracking stuff.

The teams? ;)

On a serious note it was a surprisingly good game. I was expecting a snooze-fest like the FA Cup final last year but I was pleasantly surprised. And it had one of the best penalty shoot-outs I've seen for quite some time!

Thanks for the negrep Uxbridge - may I humbly suggest it is because people contine to watch "Champions League" that clubs like ours continue to be starved while the rich get richer.

Why? We hardly ever play when the Champions league is on. The Champions league is a competition realistically available to four English teams, it shouldnt make any difference to Southend.

good point ORM my mate said at kick off 'this is great for english football' ...........bollox I said, ot godd for man u and chelsea and thats it, the champions league on the whole is a pile of krap, how you can finish fourth and entered into the CHAMPIONS league I have no idea, should be changed to league winners only and all drawn out of the hat, and you right about its effect on a club like ours you know that if the blues are playing the same night as liverpool on the box then the attendance is prob gonna be affected

good point ORM my mate said at kick off 'this is great for english football' ...........bollox I said, ot godd for man u and chelsea and thats it, the champions league on the whole is a pile of krap, how you can finish fourth and entered into the CHAMPIONS league I have no idea, should be changed to league winners only and all drawn out of the hat, and you right about its effect on a club like ours you know that if the blues are playing the same night as liverpool on the box then the attendance is prob gonna be affected

and breathe......

Thanks for the negrep Uxbridge - may I humbly suggest it is because people contine to watch "Champions League" that clubs like ours continue to be starved while the rich get richer.

What Southend game was there for me to watch last night? I love football and live on tv last night was the final of Europe's top club competition, played between two English clubs. In my view, pretty much compulsory viewing if you're a football fan.

Had I missed a Southend game in order to watch it, fair enough. But having an interest in the Champions League and supporting a lower league side such as Southend are not mutually exclusive.

Back