• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Independent Group

He was a terrorist. He may not have brown skin, but that's what he was and probably still is.
You are only a terrorist if you are a Muslim. If you are a white person, you are either a lone wolf, or mentally disturbed and you couldn't possibly have been incited by Farage or Yaxley-Lennon.

Those CLPs who did were taken over by Momentum thugs saying 'our way or the highway'. Fact. Corbyn or bust. Fact. It was nothing to do with an MP not keeping an appointment with Mrs Smith on a Friday morning. Fact.
Momentum thugs? What evidence do you have to make that assertion? And no, citing the Daily Mail, which even Wikipedia rejects as an unreliable source, won't do I'm afraid.

You are only a terrorist if you are a Muslim. If you are a white person, you are either a lone wolf, or mentally disturbed and you couldn't possibly have been incited by Farage or Yaxley-Lennon.
I believe there have been some terrorists in Ireland who didn't follow Mohammed and ARE fairly pale? And some animal activist, and some neo nazis, as very recently successfully prosecuted with (rightly) vigor.
How quickly things get forgotten.

Reminds me of a time I was working at Paddington Police Station when a tanoy announced "immediate lock-down for an incoming terrorist"; place went nuts, ten minutes later about four ARV's rolled in and they unloaded the suspect and took him into the booking area. We were authorised to go in and there before us was this five foot nothing white guy who, it turned out, was a particularly nasty piece of work belonging to the Animal Liberation Front. So I guess 'terrorists' come in all shapes, shades and sizes.

I believe there have been some terrorists in Ireland who didn't follow Mohammed and ARE fairly pale? And some animal activist, and some neo nazis, as very recently successfully prosecuted with (rightly) vigor.
I doubt they get forgotten Massimo, just conveniently ignored.

When I was about 12 years old, the Hungarian uprising was brutally crushed by the Russians. At about the same time British troops were in Cyprus dealing with Eoka. I asked my father why were the rebel Hungarians described as freedom fighters and the Cypriots as terrorists. I don't forget.

When I was about 12 years old, the Hungarian uprising was brutally crushed by the Russians. At about the same time British troops were in Cyprus dealing with Eoka. I asked my father why were the rebel Hungarians described as freedom fighters and the Cypriots as terrorists. I don't forget.
I hope you remember (if it was explained) that Hungarians (of varied racial groups) wanted out from the USSR; but in Cyprus (besides not wanting the British) the Greek Christians and Turk Muslims wanted to ethnic cleanse the other. Your analogy is SO poor: and I evidence that by the FACT that the UN Mission to the partition line is still in place such is the lack of progress towards a peaceful, agreed end.
If you wanted to clarify the political changes from terrorist to freedom fighter you could have mentioned Mr Mandela?

I hope you remember (if it was explained) that Hungarians (of varied racial groups) wanted out from the USSR; but in Cyprus (besides not wanting the British) the Greek Christians and Turk Muslims wanted to ethnic cleanse the other. Your analogy is SO poor: and I evidence that by the FACT that the UN Mission to the partition line is still in place such is the lack of progress towards a peaceful, agreed end.
If you wanted to clarify the political changes from terrorist to freedom fighter you could have mentioned Mr Mandela?
My analogy is entirely apposite. When Britain is involved we are the good guys, not acting like a colonial power of course. Similar situation in Kenya with the Mau Mau. Funny how we end up having to negotiate with 'terrorists' like Kenyatta, Archbishop Makarios and Ghandi.

Without Corbyn you wouldn't have the 2017 manifesto, that is why people get behind him.
Others arguably would have a similar manifesto now that Corbyn has shown it is viable. Ed Miliband probably wouldn't pander as much to the more centrist members of Labour if he was allowed to do it again.

Absolutely I do. The overwhelming democratic choice of the largest political party in Europe is a leader of integrity and vision, which is precisely why the Blairite splinter group have departed. Far from wanting a new kind of politics they want a return to the Blair era of parachuted in MPs, reliance on big individual donors and corruption as usual. And of course, slavish adherence to the promotion of Israeli propaganda hence the trumped up antisemitism nonsense.

I know you love to demand facts so perhaps you could provide some for the Israel propaganda slur.

I know you love to demand facts so perhaps you could provide some for the Israel propaganda slur.
Ruth Smeeth MP for example, the CIA protected asset, used to be PR chief for BICOM. The Al Jazeera tv documentary exposed the machinations of the Israeli state in influencing British MPs. Many members of the PLP have had expenses paid trips to Israel. The primary cause of so many Jewish MPs hatred of Corbyn is of course because he dares to speak up for the Palestinian people, who have been victims of Israeli oppression for the past 70+ years.

Others arguably would have a similar manifesto now that Corbyn has shown it is viable. Ed Miliband probably wouldn't pander as much to the more centrist members of Labour if he was allowed to do it again.

It's a bit of a stretch to say that Ed Miliband would come up with the 2017 manifesto. He had a manifesto in 2015 then he quit. I like Ed but I don't see him wanting to or being likely to be leader again.

Who from the 2015 or 2016 leadership contests do you think would have come up with the same manifesto as Corbyn?

If you are saying that someone after Corbyn would keep that manifesto that is true, but why get rid of its architect and hope the replacement stays true to it?

Many members of the PLP have had expenses paid trips to Israel.

But probably not as many as members of Parliament who have had expenses paid trips to the other Middle East Countries.

But when people start focussing on only the trips to Israel you start to see why anti-semitism is such an issue within the party.

But probably not as many as members of Parliament who have had expenses paid trips to the other Middle East Countries.

But when people start focussing on only the trips to Israel you start to see why anti-semitism is such an issue within the party.
Trips to Saudi Arabia have been focused on too. That's a big criticism of Mike Gapes - one of the 7.

102 paid for trips to Israel by MPs in two years 2016-2018, the most by far. Next was USA with 57.

Back