• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The knock-out round starts.

This is a seriously boring game for the non-aligned supporter (me).

Tiki Taka is basically just parking the bus in your opponent's half. Spain only have themselves to blame for having so much possession but not bothering to do anything with it.

Did Russia deserve to win it?.... perhaps not?.... but they did a fantastic defensive job, and counter attacked when possible.

Did Spain deserve to win it?... perhaps not?.... They had all the possession, did nothing with it, and they were terrible in defense (even on the rare occasions that Russia attacked).

Tiki Taka football did not clearly work today.

And with Denmark opening the scoring it looks like my earlier tips of Spain and Croatia to progress are total rubbish.

Brazil v Mexico at 15:00hrs today followed by Belgium vs Japan at 19:00hrs. The wait for our game seems to be going on forever. No predictions from me today, yesterday's were up there with my Prediction league skills.

I can see another upset in Brazil vs Mexico, Serbia managed to break through Brazil's defence numerous times, they just didn't have any end product to finish them off with. Mexico have the pace to cause a lot of problems today.

Spain's fans win the award for being the most deluded. After a match where they went out because Pique decided to gift Russia a penalty and where the Spanish attackers couldn't be bothered to get the ball in the box it seems obvious that the blame lies with some of the outfield players. Despite this the Spanish fans are blaming De Gea for their loss because he didn't save any of the penalties, unbelievable.

Spain's fans win the award for being the most deluded. After a match where they went out because Pique decided to gift Russia a penalty and where the Spanish attackers couldn't be bothered to get the ball in the box it seems obvious that the blame lies with some of the outfield players. Despite this the Spanish fans are blaming De Gea for their loss because he didn't save any of the penalties, unbelievable.

Maybe the fans should be blaming the FA for sacking the manager a day before the tournament.

This is the best WC in living history IMO. Messi out, Ronaldo, out. Russia knock Spain out. Germany out in group stages. Some cracking goals.

Back