• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The latest from Roots Hall...

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Whilst the old saying goes that "no news is good news", in the case of SUFC, no news is:

...no news.

suspect.gif
ghostface.gif

To be fair to Tilly - and Scriv who has to write these pieces to keep us from climbing the walls - it seems that he's every bit as frustrated that we are.

Still, Tilly has been able to confirm that:

1. Kev, Hunty & Bradders are all signing two year deals - excellent news.

2. We're not signing anyone involved in the World Cup.

Outrage... has this club no ambition?! TILSON OUT, MARTIN OUT...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 08 2006,16:30)]Kev, Hunty & Bradders are all signing two year deals - excellent news.
Call me an cynical old fool but what are the odds on one of these 3 doing a "Rawle"?

OK, probably not Kev & I'd like to think not Lewis but until I see the 3 of them with pics of them signing I won't believe it's 100% true.

At least they're bothering to keep us up to date rather than leaving us to guess...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 08 2006,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 08 2006,16:30)]Kev, Hunty & Bradders are all signing two year deals - excellent news.
Call me an cynical old fool but what are the odds on one of these 3 doing a "Rawle"?

OK, probably not Kev & I'd like to think not Lewis but until I see the 3 of them with pics of them signing I won't believe it's 100% true.
OK, you are a cynical old fool.
tounge.gif

In the case of Maher, he has a testimonial at the end of this contract. Bradbury I am sure won't get offered a two year deal at another club at our level, and Hunt i am sure will sign as he is the only right back we have at the moment, so more or less sure of a first team spot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ June 08 2006,16:52)]At least they're bothering to keep us up to date rather than leaving us to guess...
Agreed.

Least it's something for the fans to think about rather than being told diddly squat. Offers to 7 new players eh? Hmm.
love.gif
biggrin.gif

Reading between the lines, it gives the impression we're bidding for players in The Championship.

Tilly says the clubs in question will be waiting to see who they can get from the World Cup, and while we're not looking, other Championship clubs will be.

Still, 7 players is exciting, although i'll be surprised if 5 of them actually sign on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ June 08 2006,23:00)]Still, 7 players is exciting, although i'll be surprised if 5 of them actually sign on.
Or one of them for that matter.

tounge.gif

Seriously though, I don't envy Tilly's task in trying to attract quality players to our club when we cannot possibly compete on the wage front.

Have you ever try to sign players when you manage Southend & got them promoted to Championship on FM2006, its tough to sign them as the bigger side give them better wages. I have to get free transfer, loans players & best players from League 1 to complete.

Back