• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Liberty Stadium

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Uncle Ron. If you happen to be reading this I think you have just seen what our new Stadium should look like.

It had everything I would want in a stadium. It was completely enclosed, which created a fantastic atmosphere, it also had plenty of room around the pitch so people don't have problems taking corners. It had nice wide open areas for fans to congregate and have a pint, and something to eat without getting in the way of people queuing for the toilets. it had plenty of leg room, and fantastic views from everywhere (by the looks of things). The only issue was that the seats weren't blue!

It also had a number of nice features that us fans won't really care about: The roof was opaque in the right places to let the sun light through to the pitch. It also had huge great openings at ground level in the corners that allow access for vehicles and also can be left open to let the wind in to dry out the pitch after rain, so that the pitch doesn't get ruined by rain like Chelski's.

All in all that is what i would want out stadium to be like.

Did looka bit grey though. Perhaps that was so it fit in with the local area.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ April 30 2006,10:38)]Did looka bit grey though.  Perhaps that was so it fit in with the local area.
That was only because there was a lot a bare concrete that needs either painting or covered in advertising. Either way, that is not a criticism of the stadium design, just a problem with moving from a smaller ground and not yet having filled all the advertising space.

Totally agree , Uncle Ron , if that Stadium could be morphed over in Blue to Fossetts Farm in a couple of years I for 1 would be exstatic. Although I love the Hall that place was superb and a real credit to Swansea City. Shame about the Park n ride coaches afterwards but apart from that spot on. I'm jealous and hopefully Ron was too !!!

Superb stadium. The noise reverberated around it whenever there was singing, plenty of leg room and lots of entrances and exits and corridors so there wasn't much congestion. Nice stewards too.

Exactly. A great stadium and is exactly what we should be aiming for. The perfect size as well IMO.

Not being an architect/builder/stadium planner, etc, what might be the position in "purchasing" the architectural plans and building exactly the same stadium (but in BLUE if you know what I mean) and with other slightly different finishing touches?

Why recreate the wheel when you have such a great example of what we're looking for?

I think that's the best stadium in League 1. I would love to see Southend's new stadium looking like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ April 30 2006,12:13)]Not being an architect/builder/stadium planner, etc, what might be the position in "purchasing" the architectural plans and building exactly the same stadium (but in BLUE if you know what I mean) and with other slightly different finishing touches?

Why recreate the wheel when you have such a great example of what we're looking for?
Or taking all that is good about the Liberty and seeing how it can be improved upon?

rock.gif

I will echo all that is said here.
Uncle Ron if you take just one thing from this stadium to New Roots Hall make it the seating. Leg room aplenty and enough height between rows so short arses like me can see at all times.

Agree with everything said here, it was an excellent ground, and I hope ours is built just like it.

Agree totally with everything. Also another nice touch as a finish was the fact that there was room for flags to be hung at the back and also thiings to tie them onto. Another good thing was that when people stood, the height was ok that all could still see.

Ron...... We want that one!

I thought the stadium was amazing! However, there would be things I would improve on - paint that concrete, it looked as grey as it was outside the stadium! Also i thought the acoustics needed to be sorted out as well as you could not hear the announcements and the singing from both sets of fans was just noise! The scoreboards did look a little small considering the size of the stadium as well.

Am i being too pedantic? Is it too much to ask?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 30 2006,17:14)]Excellent signature South Bank Hank, where did you get that Freddy banner from?
Thank you sir.
Made it myself from one of the photos referred to in this thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andrew_sthnd @ April 30 2006,14:44)]The scoreboards did look a little small considering the size of the stadium as well.

Am i being too pedantic? Is it too much to ask?
tounge.gif
pedantic maybe but I agree my eyes aint great and the numbers for the time were hard to make out also went down to the toilets at half time with a mass of bodies trying to get in and out which was a bit chaotic. Overall though loved the spaciousness of the stadium where your not heamed in your seat and easy to get out during the game without the whole row standing up etc and was thinking how nice it would be to have a stadium like that ourselves with maybe a bit less gray of course

Back