• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Liberty Stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 30 2006,13:34)]But without park and ride bollox
I think we'll need one if we are relocating to FF as it is pretty far away from the nearest station. Unless we somhow get a line running to the stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 30 2006,12:34)]But without park and ride bollox
Unfortuantely due to rule 63a park and ride at all new grounds is compulsary.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ April 30 2006,10:45)]According to the football ground guide it cost £27m
And there lies the big problem !!

The Liberty Stadium cost Swansea COUNCIL £25m, with a further £2.5m grant from the Football Stadium Improvement Fund.

Doncaster Rover's new ground is costing Doncaster Council £32m for a 15,000 capacity ground.

I do not know how much our new ground will cost, anyone got an idea? Swansea are very lucky that the Council helped them build such a nice ground, I wonder how much help we will get from Southend Council?? I think we know the answer to that question!

I just hope that Ron Martin has got the £30m needed to build a decent ground.

Just a quick point about the scoreboards lads they are both crap, although the one above your heads, which you couldn't see is in colour and shows graphics, animations, player pics and the like. It is bigger than the one you could see as well.
One of the areas where we were a little tight in our spending.
The pitch on the other hand is brilliant cost over a million and has stood up well to the egg chasing and swans. Plus it always rains here.
Undersoil heating is to go in during the summer, they hoped it wouldn't be needed but it is, and hopefully a big screen is next.

The Liberty Stadium echoes my complaints of old, levelled at Southend Council. 25-27 million from Swansea Council! Just exactly what have Southend Council ever done to help The Blues but uphold one objection after another spanning back decades? Our council does not deserve any credit should this town eventually get a stadium the county can boast about. They should hold their head in shame. This town has been transformed from a day trip mecca to a retirement home for the fuddled and incontinent.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ May 01 2006,12:15)]Wasn't Tilly talking about a synthetic pitch being laid next season?
Yes he was. I believe the news item was released around, hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, April 1st I think it was.

wink.gif

Surely someone should send this thread link to Uncle Ron to let him know how impressed we were with the iberty Stadium?

Still I guess he's got eyes.....

Back