• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Little Gazette - There Is NO Escape!

Shrimper Zoo

I spent this evening down at Bowers United for a reserve game. I'd been asked by a lazy, can't be arsed coach of a local Ryman League side to check out a couple of young Bowers full backs (see, my truly impressive contacts in the game knows no bounds .
rock.gif
).

I thought it'd be somethng different. For the first time in living memory, this was a game I'd be at where I knew absolutely nobody either by face or personally. Just me watching a game of football for no other reason than to watch it.

As I took my seat, I looked to my right,and who did I see? Mark bloody Wallis!
wow.gif
To say I couldn't bloody believe it was an understatement. There is no escape!

A fair few years ago, some bored journalist worked out that there had been around 1,500 test matches played in the sport's entire history and that Richie Benaud had either played, coached or commentated on 40% of them.

I getthe feeling that TLG are trying to break that record for Essex football. A plan of world domination for football reporting is slowly bearing fruition. Once they have 100% coverage in Essex, the evil TLG Empire will expand to include all games everywhere including make of corner flags and what colour boxer shorts the 4th official is wearing.

You have been warned.

Hope you not going to Canvey tonight!
rock.gif

Honestly I was only there see my mates play for Heybridge reserves!

Back