• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Moon Landings

True or not?

• Yes we went to the moon.

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • No it was all faked.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
So was it all staged & faked as a lot of conspiracy theorists claim, or did Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and the others actually step on the moon?

It may shock you (or not) that I believe humanity did step foot on the moon almost 50 years ago.

I honestly don't care. Serious question - why is it such a big deal? I have no interest in the moon, solar system, space exploration etc.

It's a great deal as 3 astronauts travelled in little more than a tin can stuffed with highly explosive fuel to step on something that is not of our planet with technology more basic than the cheapest mobile phone from 20 years ago. It was an incredible achievement and Armstrong, Aldrin & Collins had absolute king-sized balls of titanium.

I do find it odd, but that's your call. It's the great unexplained, the great exploration of future generations (if we haven't nuked ourselves out of existance). To me it has always been and always will be fascinating and exciting.

I do find it odd, but that's your call. It's the great unexplained, the great exploration of future generations (if we haven't nuked ourselves out of existance). To me it has always been and always will be fascinating and exciting.
It's nice to look at occasionally, I'll give you that.

It's a great deal as 3 astronauts travelled in little more than a tin can stuffed with highly explosive fuel to step on something that is not of our planet with technology more basic than the cheapest mobile phone from 20 years ago. It was an incredible achievement and Armstrong, Aldrin & Collins had absolute king-sized balls of titanium.

Neil Armstrong, astronaut.

He had balls bigger than King Kong.

First big suit on the moon and he starts to play golf.

Hole in one!

There are substantial facts to suggest they did land on the moon. Most often, these facts are omitted & ignored by conspiracy theories.

Which leads me to the conclusion that anyone refuting those facts, are doing it for the sake of it.

Really? It's the greatest achievement of humanity thus far.

To fake the landings?

Absolutely. I've never wanted a conspiracy theory to be true so much. The vision to be able to create such an idea and the chutzpah to pull it off would be so much more impressive than merely landing on the moon.

To fake the landings?

Absolutely. I've never wanted a conspiracy theory to be true so much. The vision to be able to create such an idea and the chutzpah to pull it off would be so much more impressive than merely landing on the moon.

You’ve backhandedly hit the nail on the head with regards to the attraction of Conspiracy Theories.

Wanting to believe in them, now outweighs the actual facts surrounding the story.

A bit like religion, really.

I imagine the Russians would have had the wherewithall to know if it was faked.

There are a myriad a reasons why it obviously wasn't, all of which will be dismissed by any conspiracy nut. It's at times like this you wish Mrs Blue still posted. :Hilarious:

8 Days to the Moon and Back is on BBC2 tonight Weds at 9.00pm.

8 Days to the Moon and Back

p07fwdn9.jpg

Eight days, three hours, 18 minutes, 35 seconds. That is the total duration of the most important and celebrated space mission ever flown - Apollo 11 - when humans first set foot on the moon. It was a journey that changed the way we think about our place in the universe. But we only saw a fraction of what happened - a handful of iconic stills and a few precious hours of movie footage. Now it is time to discover the full story.

Previously classified cockpit audio, recorded by the astronauts themselves, gives a unique insight into their fears and excitement as they undertake the mission. And dramatic reconstruction brings those recordings to life, recreating the crucial scenes that were never filmed - the exhilarating launch, the first sight of the moon, the dramatic touchdown and nail-biting journey home. Original archive footage from the Apollo programme is combined with newly shot film and cinematic CGI to create the ultimate documentary of the ultimate human adventure.

Back