• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In balance, it needs to be remembered, that there are many, so called positive posters, that as soon as though post they call out the anti-PB brigade, without need and before that view is even expressed. That is boring too.

Yep, agreed.

Mentioned this in post #14 'rab'
Added to this , there are some posters who continually bring up previous good performances in match reports. This is equally as boring as reading the negative stuff. If it doesn’t tie into the thread ( I.e explain how something has worked in the power)

How about an attack-mode thread to abuse those who dare say anything negative. After all, this is a forum. Clearly not the place to air concerns as well as excitements. We should all save it up for
the correct medium of home games. That would be so much better !

Merry ****ing Christmas to you too

Your argument Fudge would be stronger if we really did play well. The players gave it 100%, which is good, but the same problems were present. For example the ease they got in behind us. We could have easily been 2 or 3 down after 15 minutes. It seemed the lack of pace in the cb position was a cause for concern. This, inevitably, leads to speculation. Did Phil get it wrong ? Should Kyp have played etc. The team got better and should be welcomed but the concerns are genuine.

There seems to be a growing attack mindset from some on this forum. If you dare voice concerns you must have always been a Brown hater blah, blah.

cuts both ways or should
I would entirely agree with the "Free Speech" argument and am very much pro this. Always have been and always will be.

However, within a forum, there are rules and guidelines. In recent months, people have been banned from here because their posting style didn't fit in with the harmony of the board and became a source of frustration to other posters. Personally, I didn't agree with the banning, but that is what happened. Why weren't those irritated by the banned posters able to side-step their views at the time?

A line in the sand has been drawn by the banning of those posters, so to be equal and fair, a line needs to be drawn when other current posters also result in members feeling unable to post because of them.

'Lord Football' has, tongue in cheek, created a thread where like-minded souls can vent their anger. It doesn't mean they can't contribute to other threads, but it does mean that if they do, they should respect those who want to have a reasoned debate on those threads.

:unsure: So, as I don't want to make a mistake, is 'Brown out' a negative or a positive posting and who decides? If I say that Anton looks like a chippendale, is that a positive description of his looks or a negative as it means he is as mobile as a cabinet? Oh I am going to be so confused with all these different threads, especially after the brandy laden mince pies! Is 'Up the Blues' a positive shout of support or maybe a metaphor suggesting they need something inserted where only the prostate doctor dares to venture? I'm all confuzzled. :sad:

Your argument Fudge would be stronger if we really did play well. The players gave it 100%, which is good, but the same problems were present. For example the ease they got in behind us. We could have easily been 2 or 3 down after 15 minutes. It seemed the lack of pace in the cb position was a cause for concern. This, inevitably, leads to speculation. Did Phil get it wrong ? Should Kyp have played etc. The team got better and should be welcomed but the concerns are genuine.

There seems to be a growing attack mindset from some on this forum. If you dare voice concerns you must have always been a Brown hater blah, blah.

In fairness 'sammy', nobody is suggesting we can't have negativity. It really isn't about that. Of course people will complain when we play poorly or the wrong side is selected or anything else, for that matter. On the Bradford City thread, plenty of people, including myself, felt mistakes were made and aired those concerns.

The whole point has nothing to do with people being criticized for being negative or anti-PB and the like, anymore than it is when we have a "Brown Out" thread and those who vote to stick by him are singled out and asked why they feel that way, as if they are idiots for not waking up and smelling the coffee.

Your point, in the above quote, is a really good one and no-one would see it as unwelcome on any thread and it's relevant to the match. The issue is more that whenever we lose, the threads just deteriorate very quickly into the same points being made as they have been a hundred times before.

It's this that has lead to good posters feeling the need to move away from the forum and that's something that is a shame.

Last edited:
In fairness 'sammy', nobody is suggesting we can't have negativity. It really isn't about that. Of course people will complain when we play poorly or the wrong side is selected or anything else, for that matter. On the Bradford City thread, plenty of people, including myself, felt mistakes were made and aired those concerns.

The whole point has nothing to do with people being criticized for being negative or anti-PB and the like, anymore than it is when we have a "Brown Out" thread and those who vote to stick by him are singled out and asked why they feel that way, as if they are idiots for not waking up and smelling the coffee.

Your point, in the above quote, is a really good one and no-one would see it as unwelcome on any thread and it's relevant to the match. The issue is more that whenever we lose, the threads just deteriorate very quickly into the same points being made as they have been a hundred times before.

It's this that has lead to good posters feeling the need to move away from the forum and that's something that is a shame.

I agree with the essence of your post but not the tone or conclusion. Reading what you say it feels weighted in the suggestion the majority of abuse is from the anti PB group toward his supporters and in fairness, it appears to me, to be quite the opposite. Your end line highlights, what I agree, is a disappointing by product. However, I read the site with regularity, sometimes agreeing with posters and other times not, but regardless I appreciate the views. The only time I get rankled is when, the usual names, are so condescending or abusive. Tiresome or what?

This is the zone. A place for all views and hopefully where praise and angst can be valued in equal measure. Without the differing views, passion and frustration, it would be like having football without controversial referee decisions.

Yep, agreed 'rab'. Apologies on suggesting it's weighted against anti-PB posters. I didn't intend that and thought my paragraph said it worked both ways.

Because PB divides opinion, it's almost become entrenched now.

Defeat = Brown's lost this, lost that and should be shown the door.
Win = Brown hasn't lost this, lost that and is doing fine.

My point is purely that within a debating circle, there are fringes of discussion. Like 'sammy' mentions about the pace of the back-four and so that might need adjusting with the inclusion of Kyps and that adds something new to the Brown debate as we move forward.

What is losing posters is that a good debate about the issues is clouded with too many repetitive posts, taking subjects off-topic and back to arguments that have been done to death, in some people's eyes.

Looking at Charltons forum today, they have two separate threads, one specifically for match reports and player marks , and a separate one titled Post Match Views. It would seem like having these two separate threads would sort the problems out. The people who want a report of a match go to one and the people who fancy an argument , sorry , 'discussion' , go to the other one. Being honest, people constantly moaning about people constantly moaning is beginning to annoy me more than the people constantly moaning in the first place !

Co ewe have scored their second against creepy..

There. That's negative!

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Tell you what is negative is listening to Neil Kelly droning on in the car on the way home, this afternoon.

How do Col Ewe fans put up with listening to him every week!

Tell you what is negative is listening to Neil Kelly droning on in the car on the way home, this afternoon.

How do Col Ewe fans put up with listening to him every week!

I feel for Glenn Pennyfather having to listen first hand when He'd much rather be at The Hall!:winking:

Me too.

Kelly kept interrupting him, also.

It was painful to listen to, especially as Col Ewe were winning, as well!

Back