• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why oh why do we pass the ball back from kicking off, punt it down the left & lose possession within 5-10 seconds?. Remember seeing Freddy score within 10 secs of his debut, by going straight for the jugular. Only reason I can think of, is that play is in the oppositions half, and we hav'nt lost it in ours?.

What an occasion. Family and friends present. Beer goggles donned and everything looked amazing. Cheers and oohs abounded. Even some of the oldies managed a bit of fancy footwork and a few unexpected gifts came our way. Still, enough about Christmas, because if it was not for that nonsense I could have been at the match!!!:angry:

Why oh why do we pass the ball back from kicking off, punt it down the left & lose possession within 5-10 seconds?. Remember seeing Freddy score within 10 secs of his debut, by going straight for the jugular. Only reason I can think of, is that play is in the oppositions half, and we hav'nt lost it in ours?.

Charlton's first kick off was really positive.

The balll was given to Holmes who dribbled through our defence and won a throw in deep inside our half.

For me, I lose interest when the threads get personal. There seem to be a few posters who are always at each others throats, very often can't debate reasonably and that's when everything goes Pete Tong.

Freedom of speech cuts both ways as well. It also doesn't mean that someone has an obligation to listen and/or agree with what is said. That's what debate and discussion is about.

And sometimes it's ok to agree to differ.

But I do wish that people would stop getting childish and aggressive just because someone disagrees with them or puts an opinion across that they don't share. Sometimes it might be worth trying to see why someone holds that view rather than just shouting them down aggressively.

The balll was given to Holmes who dribbled through our defence and won a throw in deep inside our half.

Must of tired him out a bit, as he allowed Demi to cut in to easy and get that shot away 2 minutes later. Then we won a free-kick down the same side which Turner scored from.

I like the look of Holmes but with all 'flare' players they often comes with a price to the rest of the team.

Must of tired him out a bit, as he allowed Demi to cut in to easy and get that shot away 2 minutes later. Then we won a free-kick down the same side which Turner scored from.

I like the look of Holmes but with all 'flare' players they often comes with a price to the rest of the team.
At Wigan tonight,Holmes is on the bench,as is Ben Reeves.....what the f....?

We were saying that. Just because you can pass back from kick off, it doesn't mean you have to. Nothing wrong with taking a kick off the old fashioned way and it puts the other team on the back foot.

Old Shelvey, the other night, had a shot from the kick-off!

Granted, it was Newcastle's only shot in the first 75 minutes!

Old Shelvey, the other night, had a shot from the kick-off!

Granted, it was Newcastle's only shot in the first 75 minutes!

If Shelvey is old at 25 then what does that make me .... or Fortune or Turner! he did make his debut at 16 though so he might seem old and i've got more hair -just.

Back