• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Sturrock has now employed a new system of playing that seems to be getting us results and is also quite entertaining.

Recent performances are similar in energy and effect to the Plymouth side that PS was so successful with.

We are going up people, I'm convinced. I always said we would come good in the second half of the season and we've started early.

I am going to stick my neck out and predict a new record points total.

As a blue supporter overseas what is the new system? It looks like a 4312 player wise but I read hurst combining well with clohessy and timlin with barker suggesting a 442 still albeit with a Tilson style central mid playing wide? Just curious on what the success is built on both player and tactical wise. Cheers

Sturrock has put together avery good squad of players,some of the football we played yesterday was a joy to watch and has me very excited that we can go up this season.The only down side is what happens when the 3 loan players go back to there clubs????.

I'm pretty sure all of our fans share this fear. I have faith in Sturrock to replace these players though when the need arises. I think there are enough decent centre mids around for us to adequately replace Laird and Tam but Britt as a prolific goalscorer would be much more challenging.

If you take the three loan players out I think it's a fairly average side. Tamir has shored up the defence, Laird the midfield and Britt gets the bulk of the goals. I think Freddy and Corr can replace Britt to a degree but we don't own anyone that can replace the others.

Jan is going to be a vital time for us. Sturrock as poor last Jan in my opinion (Baldwin, Benyon, Martin) so I hope he oes a lot better this season.

I just hope in January that the boss can convince Watford, in particular, to extend the loan for the season.

I can't see Laird or Britt wanting to go back as I don't think either is looking at much game time but Tam might be a different story.

Of the 3 loanees, I think Laird will join permanently. He certainly doesn't want to be kept by Orient. Assombalonga is the one who is most likely to be off in January but I'm hoping Watford will be benevolent and allow him to stay for the season in a winning team.
For me, Makandawire would be thebiggest loss but this quote from Sturrock from last weeks Echo is what excited me the most -

"He will now be with us until at least January and that’s fantastic news because I think he’s made a big diffence to us since coming in."

It's the words "at least" I'm focusing on. That indicates a possible extension for the season. Yes please.

I think if we are top 3 in Jan it will be surely beneficial for the loanees to stay on. Theyve all fitted in well, the team spirit is great. From their parent clubs point of view, they are getting regular football under a great manager in a winning team. THe only worry would be if a club is looking to buy Britt, we will be priced out, or indeed Laird. Tamika could go back to Millwall but they are flying and he would most likely be warming the bench, not beneficial to him or Millwall. Surely a season with us would be good so he can go back fit and firing for Millwall next season. If not well there are players out there of a similar ilk to Laird and Tamika. For me Britt is the one we need to prioritise as he is good a finisher as Ive seen in a Blue shirt and in tight games hes the type to take a chance. Not only that he works so well with Gavin and Im not sure if Eastwood or Corr would have the same relationship. As has already been mentioned we certainly need to do better business than last season- no Anto Floods or Elliot Benyons please!

It's an interesting way of playing - as it seems like we are turning back the clock to 2003/4 or 2004/5 ! ! Shows what a simple game football can be.

It is similar, with Tam playing the Maher role, Hurst for Gower (albeit on the other flank) etc, but what makes this side better balanced, is that we have left footers playing at left back and left midfield. Some of the crosses from Barker and Timlin into the box (especially yesterday) have been a joy to watch and cause problems. I think statistically more goals come from crosses than any other, which backs up the way we are playing.

All over the park, we have strength and options - has Luggy cracked it? I really hope so, as I want another promotion... :winking:

Only had 6 in 20 odd years. Think I deserve another one...

Sturrock has now employed a new system of playing that seems to be getting us results and is also quite entertaining.

Recent performances are similar in energy and effect to the Plymouth side that PS was so successful with.

We are going up people, I'm convinced. I always said we would come good in the second half of the season and we've started early.

I am going to stick my neck out and predict a new record points total.

If all the players stay here then yes I agree, there are too many things we don't yet know though for us to make predictions yet.

Must give so much credit for Sturrock on the change in system, as well as bring in some brilliant loan signings that have made us a promotion chasing side. Hopefully we have turned the corner on the home form.

Back