• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night was a great game of football, and for a 0-0 draw a nervous but exciting encounter.

But for me it was clear to see that doncaster were a very well organised, footballing side. There touch, passing and movement was top notch for this division. And whenever they attacked, or passed the ball around looked dangerous.

Now this isnt a thred critisising southend, we played our game and stuk at it. And overall was good performance from most of the lads.

However i think it will be very difficult to beat doncaster based on last nights showing from them. Especially at there place.

If we are going to win this tie then i feel it will be from a set piece or penalty. As for tommy black i feel he is a good player. But lacks enthusiasm or a determination that most of the team has.

We can still do this blues, Keep faith. And as the famous wembley song states

'whatever will be, will be'

Totally agree... Even more credit to Doncaster for bouncing back after last weeks disappointment...

Pressure is on them again next week.. We arent too bad away

I fancy it to go to extra time

Totally agree... Even more credit to Doncaster for bouncing back after last weeks disappointment...

Pressure is on them again next week.. We arent too bad away

I fancy it to go to extra time

Me too, I think it will be just as tense!! Two great footballing sides

Also totally agree, but it just urks me that if we had put out a full strengthed side last week against Vale and beaten them we would have been playing Carlise and with a much better chance of at least geting to Wembley.

Very evenly matched game, so often 0-0s are boring, but you certainly can't say that about our match! Would be worried about Barney lasting 120 mins with his injury history, Tilly has to really pick his subs with the possibility of this in mind. Might even be worth dropping Collis to give us the extra cover.

i felt donny were better than us last night, but away from home might suit us and the pressure will be all on them, so i can see us nicking it 1-0.

Not sure about terming it 'reality' but I agree that Donny were very good last night as they were earlier in the season at the Hall. What worried me was that even though we were the home team, we were working harder to deny them space and fair play to Tilson because it worked well until they settled.

As I've said in a previous post, we're going to have to produce one of the performances of the season to get through but having beaten Carlisle in Carlisle, why should we fear anyone?

Back