• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

I think Barrow will start to pull clear, and if I had my neutral hat on I would say they probably deserve to stay up out the 3 at the bottom. January transfer window could of rectify the previous wrongs if we had signed 1/2 strikers which we have needed since start of the season. I cant see where the goals are coming from to save us now.
I'm not sure I agree that Barrow deserve to stay up with the way they have used the furlough rules to allow them to sign more players in Jan. Just remember that every point they get from Jan onwards is thanks partially to the taxpayer

I'm not sure I agree that Barrow deserve to stay up with the way they have used the furlough rules to allow them to sign more players in Jan. Just remember that every point they get from Jan onwards is thanks partially to the taxpayer
We only have 2 players on Furlough and 1 of them asked if he could go on it when he found he wasn't in the 22 man squad.

We only have 2 players on Furlough and 1 of them asked if he could go on it when he found he wasn't in the 22 man squad.
How does that fit in with the furlough scheme then as there is football for them to play?
The rules are pretty clear on this, the reason for the scheme taken from the government website is:

"If you cannot maintain your workforce because your operations have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can furlough employees and apply for a grant to cover a portion of their usual monthly wage costs where you record them as being on furlough."

If you have signed additional players in Jan you could maintain your workforce, choosing to furlough players whilst signing others is abuse of the scheme.

Exeter at RH still annoys me

And not just because of the two points cruelly snatched away by Fisher's last gasp goal. Had we won that match at that stage of the season it would have given us a great boost in confidence because not only would we have beaten one of the top sides but we had clearly outplayed them. That confidence would have carried us through our next couple of games at least and we could have picked up more points.

And not just because of the two points cruelly snatched away by Fisher's last gasp goal. Had we won that match at that stage of the season it would have given us a great boost in confidence because not only would we have beaten one of the top sides but we had clearly outplayed them. That confidence would have carried us through our next couple of games at least and we could have picked up more points.

I was in the pub, remember those? Checking my phone constantly for FT, when it went in. Was gutted for the same reasons, we needed that boost so much. Still annoys me.

We have 3 away games in a row now, Harrogate, Grimsby and then Salford, if we play like we did yesterday, I can see us losing the lot! We certainly have the players to stay up, but the way we play is abysmal!
In Harriott and Brown at least you've got guys who know where the goal is

Wayne Brown is only an interim manager at present and most fans feel the real decisions on how the team play are made above his head, so the manager is just a puppet to the powers that be!
The points you gained early part of the season should see you through.

It shows how far we've come when many on here are practically suicidal at us only getting one point away from home yesterday. A few months back we'd have celebrated like we'd won the league! we're now very hard to score against, we did ctreate chances yesterday, and have 2 or 3 attacking players coming back from injury soon. We're still in this, agree we need some wins soon to drag others in to the mix but its doable. Akinola injury is a blow admittedly.

It shows how far we've come when many on here are practically suicidal at us only getting one point away from home yesterday. A few months back we'd have celebrated like we'd won the league! we're now very hard to score against, we did ctreate chances yesterday, and have 2 or 3 attacking players coming back from injury soon. We're still in this, agree we need some wins soon to drag others in to the mix but its doable. Akinola injury is a blow admittedly.

I agree, I was surprised at the downbeat tone on here after yesterday's result. Yes, scoring seems a big problem but since the thrashing at Port Vale it's nine points from seven matches. I'm afraid Grimsby are down but there's still more than a fair chance you won't be accompanying them. It's going to be an exciting next few weeks.

some of the so-called fan's were branding MM "clueless" on Facebook after yesterday's point, such short memories indeed.

Here is an interesting view from the Barrow fans forum:

Heres a stat for you: If you take all the teams mentioned above: Orient, Colchester, Grimsby, Port Vale, Walsall, Oldham, Mansfield and Carlisle; in the last five games that each of those teams has played (a total of 40 matches) those teams collectively have won a total of 5 : and 3 of those involved one team in that group beating another. Apart from Carlisle all of those sides sit immediately above us. Thats a scary stat and may explain why we might be seeing some controlled panic going on. I do think that Southend's continued fighting spirit has to some extent triggered the bubble bursting that suggested the two bottom teams would identify themselves early and to that extent good on them.

So for those that are currently pondering if not fretting about a penultimate fixture versus Southend, this Division could look quite different in 13 games time.

some of the so-called fan's were branding MM "clueless" on Facebook after yesterday's point, such short memories indeed.
Ive been called worse to be fair.

Not bringing holmes or goodship on did seem clueless, unless the goal ofeach game is just to draw.

Back