• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Remaining Fixtures

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
14 games are left

8 at home

Charlton *
Exeter City *
Carlisle
Walsall
Yeovil *
Brentford
Brighton *
Stockport *

Ones with * beside are teams out of form or lesser ability.

6 away

Hartlepool *
Bristol
Gillingham *
Leeds (a freak win)
Oldham *
Southampton

and I definitely would like a freak win against Leeds Scum.

So there we go, It looks to be quite a tasty end of season Party at Southampton.

Or am I mad?

We don't play ourselves so therefore I don't put a * next to our name!

Up The Blues!

Anyway stop interrupting, I'm Starting to set into my concrete bath soon to be thrown off the pier!

14 games are left

8 at home

Charlton *
Exeter City *
Carlisle
Walsall
Yeovil *
Brentford
Brighton *
Stockport *

6 away

Hartlepool *
Bristol
Gillingham *
Leeds (a freak win)
Oldham *
Southampton

and I definitely would like a freak win against Leeds Scum.

So there we go, It looks to be quite a tasty end of season Party at Southampton.

Or am I mad?

I can see wins against Exeter, Carlisle, Yeovil and Stockport. Draws against Brighton, Walsall and Brentford which means that we need 3 points from our away games. A point from Gillingham and Oldham which means we need another point from the other games. Its certainly doo-able especially as i am an eternal optimist :-)

14 games are left

8 at home

Charlton *
Exeter City *
Carlisle
Walsall
Yeovil *
Brentford
Brighton *
Stockport *

6 away

Hartlepool *
Bristol
Gillingham *
Leeds (a freak win)
Oldham *
Southampton
Bold for a point, bold and italic for a win. That's my prediction, giving us a total of about 18 more points, meaning well finish on about 53 (if we are on 35 points or are we on 32?)? 1 point clear of the target most teams tend to aim for to avoid relegation?

Last edited:
Bold for a point, bold and italic for a win. That's my prediction, giving us a total of about 18 more points, meaning well finish on about 43 (if we are on 35 points or are we on 32?)? 1 point clear of the target most teams tend to aim for to avoid relegation?

Surely you mean 53??? It would be 50 anyway as we are currently on 32.....and 50pts is usually bang on the money for survival. If we can just about hit that figure before we go to Southampton we should be OK.

:unsure:

Looking at the February fixture list, it was difficult to see where any points were going to come from, apart from at home to Tranmere. In the end this proved true, although I fancy that we may still get something from Charlton.
Glancing at the remaining fixtures I really only see Leeds and Southampton where I don't have much hope for a result. I'm not saying that we will win the majority of other matches but there aren't many where you feel that we are incapable of getting something.

Looking at the February fixture list, it was difficult to see where any points were going to come from, apart from at home to Tranmere. In the end this proved true, although I fancy that we may still get something from Charlton.
Glancing at the remaining fixtures I really only see Leeds and Southampton where I don't have much hope for a result. I'm not saying that we will win the majority of other matches but there aren't many where you feel that we are incapable of getting something.

My thoughts exactly

Some facts...

We need 52 points to be assured of League One football next season.

That means we need 20 points from the 42 left available.

Or 6 wins, 2 draws from the remaining 14 games.

We have 8 home games left. 2 of which are against 2 of the 4 below us in the table. The other 5 are against teams either fighting the drop or chasing mid-table obscurity. The only toughie on paper is Friday...

We have 6 aways left. 5 against teams mid-table or fighting the drop. The only toughie is Leeds. Saints won't have anything to play for on the final day and that may do us a favour if we need a point or 3.

I know it's an old cliche, but it really is "in our own hands" If we cannot manage 6 wins and a couple of draws from that lot of mediocre fixtures. Then quite frankly we deserve to go down.

In my opinion we will do it, with games to spare. You watch...

I recall a similar scenario for our run in when we were struggling in the Champrionship, on paper we had plenty of winnable games against teams near the bottom or mid table with nothing to play for. In the last few weeks of the season I think the only game we won was away to Preston which on paper was perceived to be the most difficult one of the lot!

It is very difficult to predict the outcome of football matches...

I recall a similar scenario for our run in when we were struggling in the Champrionship, on paper we had plenty of winnable games against teams near the bottom or mid table with nothing to play for. In the last few weeks of the season I think the only game we won was away to Preston which on paper was perceived to be the most difficult one of the lot!

It is very difficult to predict the outcome of football matches...

Momentum is a wonderful thing and at the moment its all going against us, a couple of good results and things can change very quickly though.

Or 6 wins, 2 draws from the remaining 14 games.
The scary thing is our form since November. 4 months of football has reaped:

P18 W3 D3 L12 F15 A32

12 points from 54, 15 goals scored, not a single clean sheet. Suddenly makes 20 points from 14 games look a bit testing!!!

Oh and while we can point to our bad luck of conceding late last night, let's not forget the 93rd minute winners that Barney popped up with against MK Dons and Gillingham!!

If we show the passion we played with last night then I think we'll be ok, I just hope it doesn't deflate them.

Back