• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Rob Noxious Retro Radio Show

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
My fellow 'Zoners,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going on air this Saturday at noon for my first radio programme. I don't think that I'll be able to get any SUFC references in there just yet, but I do hope to be saying a little bit about the Leigh Folk Festival from last week-end. I'll be interviewing a living legend of retro too, so I am hugely looking forward to it. Come and join me if you can via the wonders of the astronet and something called 'digital streaming.' That sounds rude to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Yes, I'm hoping to be cornier than Tony Sideburns. Here's the link ...
http://www.thesourcefm.co.uk/listen

Keep it retro! :thumbsup:

Can not wait,hope you get more listeners than my son on uni radio,on his try out he nearly beat the record number of listeners of 29 he got 24.

Good luck Rob...I have two spots offered to me on radio to do a 70's show on 2 different stations...I am thinking on it...

Good luck with the show.:thumbsup:I'll try to remember to listen in.Might be a bit difficult as I'll be going to a Booker T concert the night before(so not likely to be at my best).:piano:

Good luck Rob...I have two spots offered to me on radio to do a 70's show on 2 different stations...I am thinking on it...

Cheers, John - there's hope for us young whipper-snappers yet. I heard Tony Blackburn on Radio 2 the other day doing chart run-downs from 1965 and 1972. That fella has still got enthusiasm and it was heartening to hear. Hope that you get the right show for you and that it fits in with all your other commitments. You might need to cut down on some of the charity work possibly until you're back in your stride with it all. Above all, keep it retro! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the show.:thumbsup:I'll try to remember to listen in.Might be a bit difficult as I'll be going to a Booker T concert the night before(so not likely to be at my best).:piano:

Cheers chief --- long as you lay off the green onions, you'll be fine.

Good luck Rob, I'm more than happy to contribute from keep it corny book of puns.

Ha - "you better beware, you better take care" (as The Sweet once sang) H as I might just refer to "my avid listener from Canvey Island" on the show - now that's what I call kudos as I'll definitely be playing early Feelgoods and Hot Rods material, though maybe not this week.

Gonna try and get a mention in for the 'Zone when I wax lyrical about a certain Thames Delta troubador towards the end of the show.

It's a piece of cake this radio lark, you'll find the time zooms by. If you've annoyed politicians to the point where they are ringing, texting or e-mailing in to complain you know you've done your job.

It's a piece of cake this radio lark, you'll find the time zooms by. If you've annoyed politicians to the point where they are ringing, texting or e-mailing in to complain you know you've done your job.

Thanks, Groyney - I did manage to use the phrase "get in!" in homage to Tom Robinson's appreciation of your good works. Don't know if anyone heard the drunk punter in the boozer calling Alvin Sawdust a tall funker? Apart from that, no controversy yet but I'll work on it once I get my size tens under the table.

Back