• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is a tough one and none of us know the facts. If Holloway's interview is a true reflection of their stance ,and IF Hall has not had a big negative impact on the dressing room hen we should get him back IMO

They are playing him in reserve matches , so we might as well have him playing for us- he could get injured in both
Playing for us he is in the shop window
Re his head, this should not be too difficultfor Sturrock . Holloway has effectively said that
  • Hall is not worth £250,000
  • He is not an upgrade on anything that he has already
  • He is now on trial
  • therefore the original bid was a panic bid
It should not be too difficult to turn all of the above into 'you are better off where you are , let your football do the talking and other clubs will come in '

Of course this all only applies if my first two 'if' statements are correct

This is a tough one and none of us know the facts. If Holloway's interview is a true reflection of their stance ,and IF Hall has not had a big negative impact on the dressing room hen we should get him back IMO

They are playing him in reserve matches , so we might as well have him playing for us- he could get injured in both
Playing for us he is in the shop window
Re his head, this should not be too difficultfor Sturrock . Holloway has effectively said that
  • Hall is not worth £250,000
  • He is not an upgrade on anything that he has already
  • He is now on trial
  • therefore the original bid was a panic bid
It should not be too difficult to turn all of the above into 'you are better off where you are , let your football do the talking and other clubs will come in '

Of course this all only applies if my first two 'if' statements are correct

I think if Holloway said that to him then he would.

I still think we NEED the money more than Blackpool need the player , so I still thinking they hold the upper hand in this one unfortunately.
As I said , I think all we can do is to try to call their bluff ( i.e. pay up or send him back ) and try to move him on elsewhere.
No issues with what Blackpool are doing , but we don't need to let them have it both ways.
Buy or give back.

And that is what put us in the driving seat, IMO...

I sense Blackpool were expecting to lose one of their star wingers and so had Hall lined up as a replacement. Neither Phillips nor Ince were being sold so they delayed buying Hall until they had a closer look.

Maybe they are holding off the loan for a bit so as the maximum 93day loan period would enable Hall to play for them over Xmas? This may also be why we haven't got anyone in on loan yet?

Back