• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The season so far, as I see it.

If we were to beat the bottom twelve sides home and away and lose to the top eleven we would have 72 points, probable play off position. We are consistently beating the lower clubs, concentrate on that. At this stage it’s about picking up points, any points, you don’t get any more for beating a top side that you do a bottom one (or is that what I’m missing?) I remember a few years ago getting very good results against top sides, but losing to those at the bottom and we ended having a poor year.

Indeed. As I said after the Forest game, people are calling us 'flat-track bullies' but there are more than enough flat-tracks in this division for that to be all we need to be.

I like to see our youth team striker Henry to be given a chance up front or even on bench - Cheltenham will be fearing coming to Root-Hall while they are bottom of league, so we want to add to their fear by having a striker with good movenment to give their back four problem - Hooper & Harrold won't do it - we need a target man who can hold the ball up and use them well (Harrold can do it) and a nippy striker who got quick movement in MacDonald - that will do me.

I be p***d off if I see Hooper & Harrold up front, as I know we are going to get beat by worst team in League 1.

I be not sure if that Murked Mice have being watched our youthed team and reserved team regular but the stiffed today was step up for those. Harrold and Hooper having start on Saturday fearful. Was.

Oh & to top it off, our most prolific midfielder is out too :(

Well, not all bad.

OUT Bailey 4 league goals in 14(1) games

IN McCormack 4 league goals in 15(0) games

Point taken though. I think we look a lot better with Bailey in the team. I never actually realised he used to be a proper non-league Frank Lampard at Sutton utd. 19 goals in 41 games isn't too shabby

Indeed. As I said after the Forest game, people are calling us 'flat-track bullies' but there are more than enough flat-tracks in this division for that to be all we need to be.

Unless we have no strikers. Sadly, I can't see a partnership of Harrold and Hooper troubling too many League One defences, even Cheltenhams. :p

What a fat, over-sexed, over-rated w**ker who's team-mates all hate?

Not like he's got a better scoring record for club and country than both Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes.....oh.

The rest might be true. It depends on whether you can be over-sexed

:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowSUFC
Sorry! How often does a convincing early season cup win come back & bite us on the ar5e? This, along with our forward line providing about as much threat as a wet fish is to a nuclear arsenal has got me very very worried. Oh & to top it off, our most prolific midfielder is out too :(

If we hang on to Leon for the rest of the season then I see no reason to panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowSUFC
Sorry! How often does a convincing early season cup win come back & bite us on the ar5e? This, along with our forward line providing about as much threat as a wet fish is to a nuclear arsenal has got me very very worried. Oh & to top it off, our most prolific midfielder is out too :(

If we hang on to Leon for the rest of the season then I see no reason to panic

True, but I was speaking in terms of Saturday!

Unless we have no strikers. Sadly, I can't see a partnership of Harrold and Hooper troubling too many League One defences, even Cheltenhams. :p

Harrold and Hooper were both in and around the team at the start of the season when we were scoring goals. We've shown that we can score goals as a team no matter who is up front. Our problems are all at the other end of the pitch.

Back