• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Southend Pound

Many moons ago I spent a fortnight in the Ayr Holiday Park at St. Ives. The bloke who played Tosh in The Bill was there too. You could tell he had an alcohol problem as the first thing he said to me was "Where do you go for a drink round here?"

Where we went as a race night at the local rugby club. Since that night I've never thought there was a separate Cornish language. All it is is that after a few pints of the local brew everybody starts to talk in unintelligible tongues.

But is it Cornish, Phil ? My impression (from when I lived in Porthleven) is that a lot of these holiday home-owners are 'incomers' and not the indigenous Cornish, however defined.

Not quite what I meant :) but I'm sure this is true enough.FWIW it looks like we might be able to get an unofficial let from real locals.
Perhaps the Cornish pound will be up and running in Porthleven by then?:unsure:

Where we went as a race night at the local rugby club. Since that night I've never thought there was a separate Cornish language. All it is is that after a few pints of the local brew everybody starts to talk in unintelligible tongues.

Some of the dialect down here is worth listening in to. When you get some of the old Cornish boys speaking to each other, it does sound like a different language. Anyway, Groyney, I think I need to declare you :offtopic:now it is official that we have a situation of your :hijack:... sorry, we tried and we failed, as Morrisey once so plaintively sang. :(

Back