• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

finny67

Schoolboy
after such a pitiful display last night we thought we'd pop in the Spread Eagle for a bber or two to raise the spirits . Now, i have to admit that for the vast majority of this season and last my allegiances have been transferred to The Railway as it just actually feels like they give a damn about their customers.

But, it never hurts to give a place a second chance. I was wrong. Despite it being a match night and having about 35 people still drinking ,The Spread Eagle decided to call orders at 10.30 (without warning anyone! ) .

i know this may sound petty as we have bigger things SUFC to worry about, but for me and my friends a good drink pre and post is all part of the day. Can someone who may know anyone in charge at The Spread please relay to them that in these days of recession everyone has to work a bit harder for their living , a concept that the manager of this once greta boozer obviously hasn't grasped.

Look after the cutsomer or go bust ...its simple .

Competition is the best for all , but at the moment The Railway is winning hands down .

after such a pitiful display last night we thought we'd pop in the Spread Eagle for a bber or two to raise the spirits . Now, i have to admit that for the vast majority of this season and last my allegiances have been transferred to The Railway as it just actually feels like they give a damn about their customers.

But, it never hurts to give a place a second chance. I was wrong. Despite it being a match night and having about 35 people still drinking ,The Spread Eagle decided to call orders at 10.30 (without warning anyone! ) .

i know this may sound petty as we have bigger things SUFC to worry about, but for me and my friends a good drink pre and post is all part of the day. Can someone who may know anyone in charge at The Spread please relay to them that in these days of recession everyone has to work a bit harder for their living , a concept that the manager of this once greta boozer obviously hasn't grasped.

Look after the cutsomer or go bust ...its simple .

Competition is the best for all , but at the moment The Railway is winning hands down .

The problem is the Spread doesn't sell bber so perhaps everyone went to a pub that does sell bber

£3.65 a pint is a good reason to stay away. I did however stop for a quick beer after the game but it was very empty, i have to say

The only things that the Spread has going for it are:-

Its location (ie closest pub to the ground) and it is not the Blue Boar or the Railway

If it was not near Roots Hall I would never go there

As the club wants to maximise match day revenue and promote more use of the drinking facilities inside the ground , I think it's time they opened a new drinking establishment for fans.

Needs to be classy , but welcoming at the same time.

May be give it a fancy name like 'RONdezvous'

the spread has always been crap since the got rid of sky, railway wins hands down every time.

Back