• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So with a little over 2 weeks to go until K.O. how is the squad shaping up?

Presuming that we clear the embargo shortly, all the pre-contractors are registered fully with The F.A. and none of the unhappy* members leave, What areas do you feel need to be strengthened?

Goalkeepers
Morris

Defenders
Herd
Clohessy
Gilbert
Mohsni

Midfielders
Zaaboub
Grant
Christophe*
O'Keefe*
Soares
Easton
Hall

Attackers
Laurent*
Paterson
Crawford
Spencer
Corr
Sturrock

Personally I would like to see the following...

Goalkeeper x 1
Defender x 4
Midfielder x 1
Forward x 1

This would be my starting line-up v Stockport (As things stand)

Morris

Gilbert Mohsni Clohessy Herd

Soares Grant Easton Hall

Spencer Paterson

Last edited:
There's no way we should be carrying 6 forwards, so can you forget about signing another forward unless we manage to off-load one of them (most likely Paterson) - and that is assuming we can get rid of Laurent.

Other than the obvious need at centre-half, top of my shopping list would be a good utility player.

Morris

Clohessy x Mohsni Gilbert

Soares Grant Easton Zaboub/Hall

Corr Spencer

Subs

Hall/Zaboub
Sturrock
Herd
Goalkeeper
Paterson
x

Now I know there's a long way to go, but that team doesn't look bad does it! I think the midfield looks good - two very good midfielders and two proper quick wingers.

Another centre half and a talisman striker to play up front with one of the others, and I think automatic promotion should be a serious aim.

what happened to the lewis hunt rumours? Cover for CB, RB and midfield, any signs of that coming through? i wouldnt be too unhappy to be honest!!

Otherwise atleast 3 more defenders, and some 1 or two more in midfield!

Listening to sturrock on five live, he said he wont be rushing to sign anymore, and we have another 6 weeks or so untill the window closes, i expect to see the signings slow right down, and hopefully he may be given a little cash to spend on a couple of "bigger" signings later on, of course once (and if) the embargo is lifted!

I cant claim to have seen any of the new players being out the country, but from what ive read things are looking better! I'm interested to see how they all play over the full season!! An exciting season!!

Lewis Hunt was playing for Bradford on tuesday night as they played Stambridge. Apparently he was average.

Hunt would be a good utility player. Definitely need some centre midfield cover as Granty does like a suspension or 3!

Personally I would like to see the following...

Goalkeeper x 1
Defender x 4
Midfielder x 1
Forward x 1

I'd agree with that Smiffy, we need a goalscorer, I believe Screech can shine in this league but he needs a more experienced head up there with him ala Eastwood and Goater, not saying we're going to get someone of that caliber but someone to play the same role and who also has a few more years left in them.

We're supposedly slashing the wage bill but need to sign another striker?

I think the best we can hope (and that's if any of these pre-contract deals are worth the paper they're printed on) is a couple of defenders and a standby goalkeeper.

Yeah, there's no way that we can justify another striker.

Tilly's biggest problem was constantly having too many strikers in his squad. I'm hoping Sturrock settles on his preferred front two early on and sticks with them.

Tilly's biggest problem was constantly having too many strikers in his squad. I'm hoping Sturrock settles on his preferred front two early on and sticks with them.

I still think Laurent and Paterson will be moving on.

So Blair Sturrock and one other then

Agree with Beefy & MK, we don't need more strikers. A 20+ goalscorer is a wonderful thing, but it breeds reliance on them to score ALL the goals ala Freddy, and when they're injured/off form you're screwed. Think it was Hartlepool who got promoted from league 2 with a top scorer of 11 goals, but had about 4 players on 10-11 goals.

Would like to see a goalscoring midfielder, plus a couple of CBs, a keeper, a CM backup (think O'Keefe/Moussa/Christophe will go) and a utility player (come home lewis hunt!). So still 6 more in (with 4 going out).

Makes me wonder if one or more of the ''want away 4'' will now stay....??

From the info we have at present, it seems like Sturrock has a plan, and those newbies really want to be here....

So if we could keep say Moose and JFC we could have the makings of a good squad....

Makes me wonder if one or more of the ''want away 4'' will now stay....??

From the info we have at present, it seems like Sturrock has a plan, and those newbies really want to be here....

So if we could keep say Moose and JFC we could have the makings of a good squad....

Yes, I think there will be a U-turn from some/all of them.

Moose is out of contract and free to move on. The other three are all still under contract, so unless we release them from the wage bill, or an offer comes in, they will be staying. Probably warming the bench/reserves until they show they want to be here.

lets not forget that Tunisian bloke, or has he not signed yet?

He's part of the "Pre-contract" crew.

UPDATED LIST

Under contract
- 7 players (1 Def, 3 Mid, 3 Fwd)

Herd 2011 (1yr deal 2010)

Grant 2012 (2.5yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5yr deal Jan 2009) **REQUESTED TRANSFER**
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 ) **REQUESTED TRANSFER**

Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)**REQUESTED TRANSFER**
Paterson 2012 (2.5yr deal Jan 2010)
Crawford 2012 (2yr deal 2010)

Non-Contracted - 11 players (1 GK, 3 Def, 4 Mid, 3 Fwd)

Spencer 2011 (1yr deal 2010) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Gilbert 2012 (2yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Corr 2012 (2yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Sturrock (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Zaaboub (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Easton (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Hall (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Mohsni (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Clohessy (2yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Morris (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**
Soares (1yr deal 2010) **OFFERED PRE-CONTRACT TERMS**

Total (IF all non-contracted players are confirmed) 18 players (1 GK, 4 Def, 7 Mid, 6 Fwd)

You haven't got Moose in that lot...

He should be in the Non-Contracted pile, as I would assume he's been offered a contract on the same wages as he's on now, which would mean we would be due a fee if he went.

You haven't got Moose in that lot...

He should be in the Non-Contracted pile, as I would assume he's been offered a contract on the same wages as he's on now, which would mean we would be due a fee if he went.

Yes, he was offered a contract, but he has since come out and said he doesn't want to be here.

So he is not contracted to us and is free to join whoever.

If he makes a U-turn and joins the "pre-contract" crew, then he can be added I reckon?

Back