• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sushi "chain type places?

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am taking the Mrs out this Friday to celebrate our 1 year anniversary + our sons birth + my birthday. The mother in law is on stand by to babysit so I just need to find a venue.

The Mrs has really missed Sushi whilst pregnant so I have decided to go there. However we dont normally go for Sushi in Brighton so I am a bit of a loss where to go.

I was wondering if anyone has tried either "Yo Sushi" or "Moshi Moshi" - Not the Brighton one but anywhere really. I would normally rather die than go to a chain restaurant but in this instance I am thinking it might be safter than tyring a random place.

Cheers in advance.
Dave

Moshi's probably the best bet for Brighton mate, went there a few times and the food was decent and it's a nice restaurant. Although, I have to admit, I'm hardly a sushi connoisseur.

I think Yo Sushi is very hit and miss. Some are good, especially the head one in farringdon and some are terrible, so probably best to get a review on the Brighton one. Moshi Moshi is very nice, but only been to one in Liverpool street

there's a decent japanese place in brighton, in the lanes (not far from wagamama actually, head north of there).

Also there's a place near the seafront (not moshi moshi) that does all sorts of oriental food, including sushi. hope this helps

there's a decent japanese place in brighton, in the lanes (not far from wagamama actually, head north of there).

Also there's a place near the seafront (not moshi moshi) that does all sorts of oriental food, including sushi. hope this helps

Cheers MC. I think I know where you mean in the lanes.

Never had a problem with a Yo Sushi, however never ate at the other one. Sushi was pretty rare up here to be honest and they only opened a Yo last month.

Does not seem to match Dave's requirements though, i.e. being in Brighton ;)

Brighton gets two mentions but not as a requirement. I will now assume it is though and recommend Soseki to any City-working sushi-lovers instead!

Last edited:
Back