• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Toughest Task In Sport?

Javea Shrimper

Tom Dart, writing in 'The Times Football Yearbook 2004/05', sums our lot up quite nicely :

"Despite the four promotion places on offer, some teams continue to make elevating themselves out of the division look like the toughest task in sport. Step forward, or rather sideways, Bristol Rovers, Rochdale, Leyton Orient and Southend United."

WS

Ouch!

sad.gif

But sadly true. Dosent matter the team , manager or back room staff its always an effort (teams reflecting towns maybe ?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Aug. 29 2004,10:25)]Tom Dart, writing in 'The Times Football Yearbook 2004/05', sums our lot up quite nicely :

"Despite the four promotion places on offer, some teams continue to make elevating themselves out of the division look like the toughest task in sport. Step forward, or rather sideways, Bristol Rovers, Rochdale, Leyton Orient and Southend United."

WS
I think this is from an historical perspective though... why should we be judged on past performances and a poor start to the current campaign as being under-achievers in the main!

I will make my final judgement on our beloved team and keep my prediction of a playoff berth [as a positive] until it is impractical to think otherwise!

Personally, I don't give a twopenny toss for what Tom Dart or anyone else thinks of Southend United... sure, they are welcome to their views... but it is what we think of the club that really matters and we will be playing an important part in it's success [or failure] in the coming months, so let's get behind the team and show these outsiders what ther club means to us...  
wink.gif

Back