• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
A wee birdie told me that the club has been waiting for confirmation of tour and the nod from the two worldwide known teams of there acknowledgement to play us and then the organising venues and training facilities. As most fans know prices for flights and availability of seats change daily plus hotels in area due to popularity of city are hard to find for block booking and reasonable prices. The club has to confirm all these points before making it public so that fans dont book and then find tour is cancelled the gaffer is almost 100% certain that on monday at latest tuesday there will be press conference. He also wants to assure fans that at moment he is in negotiations with 5 new players and hopes quickly to tie some of these up at same time am negotiating with a couple of players from this year He wants to let the fans know these negotiations can be lengthy due to it being holiday time for players agents physios and managers oh and offcourse chief execs. He hopes the info can settle fans minds keep the faith.

Come and play Brisbane Roar, I've got a big room downstairs you can all bunk down in and a park over the road you can train at.

Wishful thinking..... :winking:

A wee birdie told me that the club has been waiting for confirmation of tour and the nod from the two worldwide known teams of there acknowledgement to play us and then the organising venues and training facilities. As most fans know prices for flights and availability of seats change daily plus hotels in area due to popularity of city are hard to find for block booking and reasonable prices. The club has to confirm all these points before making it public so that fans dont book and then find tour is cancelled the gaffer is almost 100% certain that on monday at latest tuesday there will be press conference. He also wants to assure fans that at moment he is in negotiations with 5 new players and hopes quickly to tie some of these up at same time am negotiating with a couple of players from this year He wants to let the fans know these negotiations can be lengthy due to it being holiday time for players agents physios and managers oh and offcourse chief execs. He hopes the info can settle fans minds keep the faith.

AHA! A slight oversight in using the 1st person there.....so it is PS after all.......isn't it? :unsure:

Was it seriously ever in doubt that it was Luggy? We salute his efforts to keep us informed. Good luck with the negotiations.

Was it seriously ever in doubt that it was Luggy? We salute his efforts to keep us informed. Good luck with the negotiations.

It's not Luggy himself unless he posts from the dugout during a match....

No, it's not Luggy, I'm sure he's of a generation who would be too educated to use grammar and punctuation like Cluniemore.

Five new players ...........

At least 1 goalie,
At least 1 central defender,
At least 1 striker ..........

What do people think we need?

"Two world wide known teams"..........well I suppose that counts out Toulouse FC. It could be Marseilles and Toulon, that would test us in both styles of our game. :winking: Personally, I don't give a flying fart who Cluniemore is, whether it's the man himself, the daughter or the family dog..........I just appreciate being kept informed by a reliable source.
"Negotiating with a couple of players from this year" Don't know whether Eastwood should be considered as 'this year' if he is then I imagine you can perm any two from three...........Eastwood, Kalala, Gilbert.

"Two world wide known teams"..........well I suppose that counts out Toulouse FC. It could be Marseilles and Toulon, that would test us in both styles of our game. :winking: Personally, I don't give a flying fart who Cluniemore is, whether it's the man himself, the daughter or the family dog..........I just appreciate being kept informed by a reliable source.
"Negotiating with a couple of players from this year" Don't know whether Eastwood should be considered as 'this year' if he is then I imagine you can perm any two from three...........Eastwood, Kalala, Gilbert.

Could also add Lee Hills into that last bit as he was playing 'this year'.

From Clunie's post, sounds like the plans are far from ready if we havent even got confirmation from the clubs that they want to play us!?

So you can all start looking for hotels. The tour will be to Madrid.

Makes sense, Ronaldo knows he has never beaten us so will want to try again and wont want to do it at Roots Hall where he was humiliated before.

Makes sense, Ronaldo knows he has never beaten us so will want to try again and wont want to do it at Roots Hall where he was humiliated before.

When you see Ronaldo play like he did last night against the Czecs, it really brings it home what a huge achievement that was to beat him, Rooney & the rest at good old Roots Hall..

Back