• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Indeed, he's like one of those OAPs that constantly buys crap on QVC because it was a "good deal" at the time....then it's left to the younger, responsible adults to clear up their mess.
Ah, you've met my wife! She does buy some tut. And from the amount of herbal anti aging stuff she has she ought to be asked her age at teen discos.

I am confused about the younger and responsible adult bit? Where do these live? Are they endangered?

Last edited:
Indeed, he's like one of those OAPs that constantly buys crap on QVC because it was a "good deal" at the time....then it's left to the younger, responsible adults to clear up their mess.
Nothing like tarring everybody with the same brush.

Why do so many think the Training ground has been a waste?

All the important and expensive bits have been done at to Ron’s cost….. All the new owners have to do is get the lawn looking nice. That’s the east bit of any garden project….. Plus it had to happen anyway.

All the important and expensive bits have been done at to Ron’s cost….. All the new owners have to do is get the lawn looking nice. That’s the east bit of any garden project….. Plus it had to happen anyway.
Not sure there's any water, electric or gas on-site yet, so it's not just about the (dead) grass. As a minimum we need water and electric to be able to put the portakabins and basic facilities in?

Hahahaha.

Not sure there's any water, electric or gas on-site yet, so it's not just about the (dead) grass. As a minimum we need water and electric to be able to put the portakabins and basic facilities in?
Still much work to be done putting in power won’t be cheap probably several thousand just to dig the road up

Still much work to be done putting in power won’t be cheap probably several thousand just to dig the road up
Power is not an issue untill mains electric is sorted a large generator would power lights in a portercabin or two Water as at boots can be supplyed by a water tanker .Dont you think the concortiim wont look into what has be done Other it they didnt i doubt they would have brought in the sale agreed

I was told there was a problem as someone still owns a bit of land and was using it as a ‘ransom strip’

plus it was not the just the usual farmer not paid for the water but he was charging Peckham spring prices.

Either way if JR thinks £1 is to much, i’m happy to buy off him for £2 and he can bank 100% profit…..Which would be great business in the current property market

Hahahaha.
Yes i’m fully aware it is not to his cost looking at the big picture….. But he wont be getting more for his houses.

So Ron’s loss on the training ground is the new owners gain…. It’s not finished but it really won’t take a huge amount to get it up to L1/ Championship standard

For us going forward that’s better than a ploughed field or no training ground at all.

Power is not an issue untill mains electric is sorted a large generator would power lights in a portercabin or two Water as at boots can be supplyed by a water tanker .Dont you think the concortiim wont look into what has be done Other it they didnt i doubt they would have brought in the sale agreed

Apparently we did have a generator over there…. It’s been nicked.

Back